Royals vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 24
The Houston Astros (85-70) are looking for another strong showing from a batter on a hot streak against the Kansas City Royals (53-102) on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park. Chas McCormick is currently on a two-game homer streak.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send Hunter Brown (11-12) to the mound, while Steven Cruz will get the nod for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (11-12, 4.93 ERA) vs Cruz - KC (0-0, 4.15 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Steven Cruz
- Cruz (0-0) gets the start for the Royals, his third of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the righty tossed 1 2/3 scoreless innings against the Cleveland Guardians while surrendering one hit.
- In seven appearances this season, he has compiled a 4.15 ERA and averages 11.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .206 against him.
- He will attempt for his seventh straight outing without giving up an earned run.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Brown
- Brown (11-12) will take the mound for the Astros, his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up seven earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 1/3 innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with a 4.93 ERA and 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .260.
- In 28 starts this season, he's earned 11 quality starts.
- Brown has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has six appearances with no earned runs allowed in 29 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.