Villanova vs. Cleveland State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Saturday's game features the Villanova Wildcats (28-6) and the Cleveland State Vikings (30-4) clashing at The William B. Finneran Pavilion in what should be a one-sided matchup, with a projected 72-58 victory for heavily favored Villanova according to our computer prediction. Tipoff is at 5:00 PM ET on March 18.
The Wildcats lost their most recent matchup 67-56 against UConn on Monday.
Villanova vs. Cleveland State Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET
- Where: The William B. Finneran Pavilion in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Villanova vs. Cleveland State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Villanova 72, Cleveland State 58
Villanova Schedule Analysis
- On March 5 against the Creighton Bluejays, who rank inside the top 50 (No. 16) in our computer rankings, the Wildcats captured their signature win of the season, a 63-61 victory at a neutral site.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Wildcats are 8-6 (.571%) -- tied for the 14th-most wins.
- Villanova has tied for the second-most Quadrant 2 wins in the nation (nine).
- When facing Quadrant 3 teams, the Wildcats are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 44th-most wins.
Villanova 2022-23 Best Wins
- 63-61 over Creighton (No. 16) on March 5
- 73-57 on the road over Creighton (No. 16) on January 20
- 72-50 over South Florida (No. 34) on November 27
- 69-59 on the road over Princeton (No. 38) on November 11
- 54-52 on the road over Marquette (No. 41) on December 28
Cleveland State Schedule Analysis
- The Vikings picked up their best win of the season on March 7 by claiming a 73-61 victory over the Green Bay Phoenix, the No. 58-ranked team in our computer rankings.
- According to the RPI, the Wildcats have seven wins over Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 44th-most in the nation.
- Cleveland State has tied for the third-most Quadrant 4 wins in the nation (22).
Cleveland State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 73-61 over Green Bay (No. 58) on March 7
- 90-83 on the road over DePaul (No. 69) on November 15
- 63-60 over Northern Kentucky (No. 154) on March 6
- 57-56 at home over Northern Kentucky (No. 154) on February 16
- 77-68 on the road over Youngstown State (No. 173) on December 29
Villanova Performance Insights
- The Wildcats are outscoring opponents by 12.3 points per game with a +417 scoring differential overall. They put up 70.7 points per game (75th in college basketball) and give up 58.4 per contest (45th in college basketball).
- With 70.5 points per game in Big East action, Villanova is putting up 0.2 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its season average (70.7 PPG).
- The Wildcats are posting 71.4 points per game this year in home games, which is 0.1 more points than they're averaging in road games (71.3).
- Villanova is ceding 56.7 points per game this year when playing at home, which is 1.6 more points than it is allowing away from home (55.1).
- On offense, the Wildcats have picked up their production slightly over their last 10 games, scoring 71.2 points per contest over that span as opposed to the 70.7 they've racked up over the course of this year.
Cleveland State Performance Insights
- The Vikings put up 74.5 points per game (36th in college basketball) while giving up 57.4 per outing (30th in college basketball). They have a +580 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 17.1 points per game.
- Cleveland State scores more in conference action (76.4 points per game) than overall (74.5).
- At home, the Vikings score 73.3 points per game. On the road, they average 76.6.
- Cleveland State is allowing fewer points at home (51.6 per game) than on the road (64.7).
- The Vikings are posting 70.1 points per contest over their previous 10 games, which is 4.4 fewer points than their average for the season (74.5).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.