Texas vs. Penn State Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Saturday's game features the Texas Longhorns (27-8) and the Penn State Nittany Lions (23-13) squaring off at Wells Fargo Arena (on March 18) at 7:45 PM ET. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 75-68 win for Texas.
According to our computer prediction, Texas projects to cover the 5.5-point spread in its matchup against Penn State. The total is currently listed at 138.5, and the two sides are projected to hit the over.
Texas vs. Penn State Game Info & Odds
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Time: 7:45 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Des Moines, Iowa
- Venue: Wells Fargo Arena
- Line: Texas -5.5
- Point Total: 138.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Texas -250, Penn State +200
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Texas vs. Penn State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Texas 75, Penn State 68
Spread & Total Prediction for Texas vs. Penn State
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Texas has compiled a 17-16-0 record against the spread this season, while Penn State is 20-12-0. A total of 15 out of the Longhorns' games this season have hit the over, and 18 of the Nittany Lions' games have gone over. The two teams combine to score 150.3 points per game, 11.8 more points than this matchup's total. Texas is 7-3 against the spread and 7-3 overall in its last 10 contests, while Penn State has gone 8-2 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Texas Performance Insights
- The Longhorns outscore opponents by 10.7 points per game (scoring 77.9 points per game to rank 37th in college basketball while allowing 67.2 per contest to rank 88th in college basketball) and have a +374 scoring differential overall.
- Texas ranks 173rd in college basketball at 31.9 rebounds per game. That's similar to the 31 its opponents average.
- Texas connects on 7.3 three-pointers per game (192nd in college basketball) at a 34.5% rate (164th in college basketball), compared to the 6.4 its opponents make while shooting 32.4% from deep.
- The Longhorns rank 50th in college basketball by averaging 98.9 points per 100 possessions on offense, and defensively are 38th in college basketball, allowing 85.3 points per 100 possessions.
- Texas has come up on top in the turnover battle by 4.1 turnovers per game, committing 11.1 (101st in college basketball action) while forcing 15.2 (20th in college basketball).
Penn State Performance Insights
- The Nittany Lions put up 72.4 points per game (162nd in college basketball) while allowing 68.1 per contest (121st in college basketball). They have a +154 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 4.3 points per game.
- Penn State loses the rebound battle by 2.7 boards on average. It records 30 rebounds per game, 279th in college basketball, while its opponents grab 32.7.
- Penn State knocks down 10.5 three-pointers per game (fourth-most in college basketball), 3.1 more than its opponents. It shoots 39% from deep (fifth-best in college basketball), and its opponents are shooting 33.1%.
- Penn State and its opponents have been relatively even in the turnover battle. The Nittany Lions commit 8.4 per game (fourth in college basketball) and force 8.3 (363rd in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.