The Omaha Jaycees and Village Pointe® Shopping Center announce the recipients of the 11th annual Ten Outstanding Young Omaha Teens award.
The 2015 TOYO Teen recipients are:
- Allie Rau, Senior, Millard South
- Alyson Sorensen, Junior, Abraham Lincoln
- Andrew O'Donnell, Junior, Omaha Westside
- Brooklyn Larimore, Freshman, Bellevue West
- Dante Danner, Senior, Omaha Northwest
- Guillermo Vidales, Senior, Omaha South
- Noah Madrigal, Senior, Bellevue East
- Melissa Newkirk, Senior, Omaha Burke
- Julia Griffin, Junior, Omaha Marian
- Isabelle Paik, Senior, Bellevue West
The TOYO Teens award is based on the prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Omahans awards that began over 80 years ago in Omaha. TOYO honors ten individuals ages 21 to 40, who strive for excellence in both the professional and personal arenas and have a strong commitment to service in the community.
TOYO Teens was created in 2005 because the Omaha Jaycees wanted to expand the effort to recognize teens who contribute to their community through volunteerism. Applicants must be individuals between the ages of 13 and 19 that are making a difference in the Omaha community through volunteerism and community action.
An awards ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 3, 2015, at 3:00 p.m. at Village Pointe Shopping Center Amphitheatre, located near 168 & Dodge.