OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) -- You can help fight hunger by donating to the WOWT NBC Omaha annual Stuff the Bus Holiday Food Drive presented by Metro Transit.
The drive is scheduled for Thursday, December 6th. It will be held in the parking lot of the Baxter Arena, 2425 S. 67th Street. We will start collecting food at 5 o'clock that morning and continue until 7 p.m.
The Holiday Food Drive is a benefit for the St. Vincent de Paul food pantry. The pantry provides food for more than 25,000 people in our community each year. No one is turned away. Our 2017 Holiday Food Drive collected a record 32,000 pounds of food for the pantry. We want to break that record in 2018. We can do it, with you help.
This year we are partnering with UNO Athletics and the Student-Athletic Advisory Committee (SAC) to reach our goal and also help the student athletes with their Food Fight event against other athletic groups within The Summit League.
The Baxter Arena Box Office will accept food donations November 29th-December 5th for those unable to drop off food in Lot 21 on Thursday, December 6th.
For every (4) food items donated, guests can receive (1) free general admission Women’s or Men’s Basketball home game ticket. This only includes games in the month of December at Baxter Arena.
The games included in this promotion are:
- Sunday, December 2nd @ 2pm: Omaha Women’s Basketball vs. Graceland
- Sunday, December 9th @ 2pm: Omaha Women’s Basketball vs. CSU Bakersfield
- Wednesday, December 19th @ 7pm: Omaha Men’s Basketball vs. UC Santa Barbara
- Friday, December 28th @ 5pm: Omaha Women’s Basketball vs. Denver
- Friday, December 28th @ 7:30pm: Omaha Men’s Basketball vs. Denver
- Sunday, December 30th @ 2pm: Omaha Women’s Basketball vs. Oral Roberts
- Sunday, December 30th @ 4:30pm: Omaha Men’s Basketball vs. Oral Roberts
We hope you can help us fill the shelves at the St. Vincent de Paul Pantry.