Restaurant fire put out quickly

Published: Dec. 24, 2018 at 10:19 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Fire crews battled a fire at The Drover near 73rd and Dorcas Monday morning.

The restaurant fire was contained in around 10 minutes.

According to officials on scene, the flames started in the kitchen and they were able to keep it from spreading.

One employee was working inside at the time, but there were no injuries.

"The employee came to work, said he turned on the stove and all that stuff and before he knew it he had a fire. He did the right thing. he got out," Battalion Chief Keith Main said.

The battalion chief said there was lots of smoke in the building, and the health department was called to come inspect the building.

One of the owners of the restaurant said it could be a while before The Drover reopens.