OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT)-- Fire crews were dispatched to a one-story, single-family home near 96th and L streets for a working fire.
94th and Mockingbird working fire, Tuesday, October 8, 2019
According to a release from the Omaha Fire Department, two people were home at the time of the fire and self-evacuated prior to fire crews' arrival.
The cause of the fire is accidental due to a malfunction of the water heater, according to the release.
The Red Cross was on scene to assist the displaced family as well as MUD and OPPD to disconnect utilities.