FLOOD SHELTERS: Updated list of Red Cross evacuation centers
The American Red Cross has opened several shelters in Nebraska and Southwest Iowa to assist those who have been evacuated or displaced from their homes due to flooding.
The shelters will remain open as long as necessary. The Red Cross is working closely with local emergency management officials to coordinate relief services.
Mapped below, the current available shelters are located at:
- Albion United Methodist Church, 605 W. Marengo St.
- Bristow Community Center, 3 Division St.
- Snyder Village Auditorium, 203 Ash St.
- Calvary Christian Church – Bellevue, 10100 Cedar Island Road
- Elkhorn Middle School, 3200 Military Ave.
- Fremont Middle School, 540 Johnson Road
- First Lutheran Church – Fremont, 3200 Military Ave.
- Salem Lutheran Church – Fremont, 401 E. Military Ave.
Anyone who has been displaced from their home is urged to come to these shelters. Red Cross volunteers are on hand to provide a safe place to stay, a place to sleep, a hot meal and referrals to community services.
|| Donations can also be mailed to American Red Cross, 2912 S. 80th Ave., Omaha NE 68124.