Four companies submit solid waste contract bids
Four companies have submitted
. Those bids were opened Wednesday.
The bidders are:
- FCC Environmental
- Waste Connections of Nebraska
- West Central Sanitation
- Waste Management of Nebraska
Bid documents required those interested to bid on a collection system that uses automated trucks and covered carts to collect garbage, recyclables and yard waste.
varying by number of carts, yard waste and recycling separation, and schedule:
- Option 1: 3 Cart, Separate Weekly Garbage, Yardwaste & Recyclable Collection
- Option 1A: 3 Cart, Separate Weekly Garbage & Yardwaste Collection, Bi-Weekly Recyclable
- Option 2: 3 Cart, Commingled (2 Cart) Garbage & Yardwaste Weekly Collection, Bi-Weekly Recyclable
- Option 2A: 3 Cart, Commingled (2 Cart) Garbage & Yardwaste Weekly Collection, Weekly Recyclable
- Option 3: 2 Cart, Commingled (1 Cart) Garbage & Yardwaste Weekly Recyclable Collection
- Option 3A: 2 Cart, Commingled (1 Cart) Garbage & Yardwaste Weekly Collection, Weekly Recyclable Collection
Mayor Jean Stothert is quoted in a news release as saying, "The bids received are within the estimates we expected and most show our costs will nearly double to continue the service we now provide. This decision will impact every taxpayer for the next ten years or more and we will ask the Council to approve a contract that provides services that meet our needs, at a price we can afford."
Bid will be reviewed. A committee will then evaluate the proposals and submit an evaluation report to Public Works Director Bob Stubbe.
Stubbe and the mayor will make a contract recommendation to the City Council, possibly in late March.