OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - A driver who ignored a fire hydrant in a south Omaha neighborhood had their windows smashed out by firefighters Sunday.
Firefighters were forced to smash the windows of the car parked near South 19th and M streets.
Firefighters had to thread the fire hose through the car to fight the house fire which reportedly displaced a metro family. The Red Cross was assisting the eight residents.
The cause of the fire was blamed on an electrical malfunction inside the wall between the kitchen and a stairwell.
Arrow Towing says the car impounded.