Customers steamed at Sprint

By  | 

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - An early morning fire swept through Sprint's Omaha wireline facility near 7th and Leavenworth Tuesday. The fire knocked out a generator and power to 50 percent of the facility.

One person was critically injured in the fire. Omaha fire officials have not identified the injured person and according to their reports the fire is accidental.

The fire also left a number of Sprint customers in Omaha and some surrounding states without service.

"I have a new phone to pick up, so I am experiencing that same issue. Luckily, I'm not at work or in need of it right now, Yeah, that is very frustrating," said Riley, one customer that was at a sprint store.

For some customers, the outage was more than just an inconvenience it was affecting their workday.

"Can't do any work because of that can't connect. So you really need your phone of course! Can't get any calls or customer request," said customer Bassam Calis.

Electricians are working hard trying to fix the problem and restore phone service, but for some customers they can't get the phone on fast enough.