Advertisement

Apartment fires days apart both caused by carelessly discarded cigarettes

(WOWT)
Published: Jul. 30, 2016 at 2:38 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Officials say fires days apart at the same Bellevue apartment complex were both started by carelessly discarded cigarettes.

The first fire on July 22nd damaged a third-floor apartment at the Gateway Park Apartments near Fort Crook Road and Harvell Drive. The next fire last Tuesday left the building uninhabitable and dozens of people without homes. It also sent four people, including a firefighter, to a hospital for injuries.

The Bellevue Fire Department reports the second fire caused $1 million in damage to the building and $250,000 in damage to its contents.