Spring Cleaning Tasks for Every Family Member
With all that’s in the news about Corona virus and COVID-19, now is the perfect time to think about spring cleaning. A task that seems exhaustive and daunting is not only necessary during these times but can be manageable so long as you can break it down into small, easily achievable tasks. That’s why we’ve divvied up this CDC-inspired spring-cleaning to-do list into bite-size chores that even the smallest members of the family can chew.
Tackle each room with a container of EPA-registered disinfectants appropriate for all surfaces, dish soap and water, and a diluted household bleach solution (4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water).
Wipe down baseboards, tables and chairs, and other surfaces with dish soap and water.
• Vacuum all carpet.
• Sweep hard surface floors.
• Use EPA-registered disinfectant wipes to wipe down door handles, appliance handles, and faucets.
• Take out all trash bins.
• Wipe down surfaces first wiped by toddlers with the diluted bleach solution.
• Clean out sinks, tubs and showers with the same diluted bleach solution.
• Mop hard surface floors with EPA-registered disinfectant floor cleaner.
• Wash all family’s laundry in warm water and dry all clothes completely.
• Avoid shaking dirty laundry.
• Disinfect laundry hampers after each use in the same manner as other surfaces. (dish soap followed by bleach solution)
• Launder all towels with hot water and dry on high heat.
•Launder drapes and furniture/pillow covers on the warmest appropriate water setting and allow items to dry completely or use products EPA-approved for viral pathogens on porous surfaces to clean.
For all family members, remember to always wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after completing each task and before touching your face. If deep cleaning isn’t enough, it might be time for a change. If that’s the case, ReBath® of the Heartland is here to help! Schedule a free, in-home
and find out how easy it is to turn your bathroom into a luxurious space that’s as beautiful as it is functional.
4123 S. 84th Street
Omaha, NE 68127