Crews respond to Omaha house fire

Fire investigators say careless disposal of smoking materials sparked the fire that heavily damaged a home near downtown Omaha.
Published: Sep. 20, 2022 at 11:30 AM CDT|Updated: Sep. 20, 2022 at 3:16 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Crews were on the scene of a house fire Tuesday morning.

According to the Omaha Fire Department, crews went to a home on the 1900 block of South 18th Street just before 11 a.m. Tuesday in response to a fire.

Officials determined the cause of the fire as an accident due to careless disposal of smoking materials.

Flames were seen coming from the home’s second floor when firefighters arrived. Everyone was out of the home when fire crews arrived, although some people were going in and out of the home.

Fire crews didn’t believe anyone needed transport to a hospital. Two dogs also survived the fire.

Firefighters were rotating out to deal with the heat from the blaze. Three adults and two dogs are displaced due to the fire.

There is a total estimated dollar loss of $35,500.