How they voted: Active Shooter Alert Act votes from Nebraska, Iowa
(WOWT) - Here’s how Congressional representatives from Nebraska and western Iowa voted on the Active Shooter Alert Act on Wednesday evening.
- 2nd Dist. Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb.: YES
- 1st Dist. Rep. Mike Flood, R-Neb.: NO
- 3rd Dist. Rep. Adrian Smith, R-Neb.: NO
- 3rd Dist. Rep. Cindy Axne, D-Iowa: YES
- 4th Dist. Rep. Randy Feenstra, R-Iowa: NO
“I am beyond disappointed that for one of his first official votes, my opponent ignored the advice of law enforcement and voted against a bill to help people stay safe during an active shooting. This vote perfectly illustrates the difference between Mike Flood and me.
H.R. 6538 sets up procedures to guide the use of mass alert systems to 'facilitate the efficient issuance of active shooter alerts and other key information to local residents, motorists, travelers and individuals in the vicinity of an active shooter.' ”
Copyright 2022 WOWT. All rights reserved.