No injuries reported after crews extinguish Omaha fire

A fire in east Omaha early Saturday morning was determined to be caused by unattended smoking material and displaced three residents.
Published: Dec. 4, 2021 at 4:15 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - The Omaha Fire Department responded to a building on fire early Saturday morning.

Fire authorities report the incident occurred around 7:40 a.m. near Pacific Street and Park Avenue.

Upon arrival, fire crews reported seeing smoke and flames coming from a third-floor window and declared a “working fire.” The fire department says the blaze was quickly brought under control. All occupants exited the building and no injuries were reported.

OFD says the cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to unattended smoking material.

Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.