Advertisement

Plattsmouth Hy-Vee evacuated after carbon monoxide leak detected

Published: Jul. 27, 2021 at 12:10 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. (WOWT) - A carbon monoxide leak at the Hy-Vee in Plattsmouth prompted an evacuation of the grocery store Tuesday morning.

Authorities said the highest reading was 55 parts per million.

According to the CDC, most people would not experience any symptoms from prolonged carbon monoxide exposure up to 70 ppm, though some heart patients might experience an increase in chest pain at that level.

Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.