Advertisement

22 Irvington residents head to hospital with carbon monoxide symptoms

Omaha Fire transported most of them to UNMC for treatment
Published: Jul. 21, 2021 at 12:43 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Several patients showed up to a north Omaha hospital emergency room with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities confirmed early Wednesday.

Early Wednesday, a Douglas County dispatcher confirmed that Tuesday night, several patients started showing up to CHI Health Immanuel, located near 72nd Street and Sorensen Parkway. Omaha Fire later confirmed in a release that 22 people from a residence near 87th Avenue and Read Street had come to the ER with symptoms. OFD transported 21 of them to UNMC for treatment.

“This was a unique request and the Omaha Fire Department was just one of many agencies to help patients get the help they needed,” the release from OFD Battalion Chief Scott Fitzpatrick states.

The Irvington Fire District checked the home to see whether any additional patients were still at the address, the release states. OFD confirmed no additional patients were found there.

Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.