Thursday June 10 COVID-19 update: Douglas County closing down four vaccine clinics
(WOWT) - Below are today’s vaccination updates as well as data reports on new cases and other COVID-19 stats reported by health officials across Nebraska and Iowa.
Keep scrolling to find helpful links and other information, including phone numbers to call for help getting signed up for your vaccine.
Douglas County shutting vaccination clinics
Douglas County Health Department on Thursday said it soon would be closing down some of its larger COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
- The CHI Health Vaccination Clinic, located at 6404 N. 73rd Plaza, will be open for another week, offering vaccinations through Thursday, June 17.
- The Nebraska Medicine Testing and Vaccine Center, located at 5710 S. 144th St., will offer first doses through June 26; and second doses through July 18.
- The Miracle Hills Plaza clinic operated by Methodist Health System will close Saturday, June 26.
- DCHD is also working to finalize plans to close its clinic at 3505 L St.
Douglas County cases update
DCHD reported Thursday it had confirmed 11 new cases, bringing the local total of positive cases to 71,964. The rolling seven-day average is 13 cases.
The DCHD COVID-19 dashboard no longer reports COVID-19 recoveries.
The local COVID-19 death toll stands at 728.
The health department also reported that local hospitals are 81% full, with 284 beds available; ICU beds are 72% full with 95 beds available. Of those patients, 29 are hospitalized with COVID-19, six of them receiving ICU care and on ventilators Additionally, six patients are being monitored for COVID-19.
Federal Retail Pharmacy Program: Pharmacies in and near the Omaha-metro area currently participating in the program include:
- Medicine Man Pharmacy, 15615 Pacific St. Suite 8, Omaha NE 668118
- Think Aksarben Pharmacy LLC, 710 W. Center Road, Omaha NE 68106
- ViaRx, 825 N. 90th St., Omaha NE 68114
- Walmart, 3010 E. 23rd St., Fremont NE 68025
Retail pharmacy vaccine sign-ups: Baker’s | CVS | Hy-Vee | Kohll’s | Kubat | Sam’s Club | Walmart
Douglas County COVID-19 vaccination clinics for eligible residents — including youth ages 12 and older — are offered walk-in or by appointment at the following locations:
- CHI Immanuel Medical Center, located at 72nd Street and Sorensen Parkway.
- Methodist Health System, 720 N. 114th St.
- Nebraska Medicine Testing & Vaccination Clinic, located at 144th Street and Millard Avenue.
- Creighton University’s Rasmussen Center, located at 702 N. 17th St.
- Douglas County Health Department vaccination site – South Omaha, 3505 L St. (former Hy-Vee location). The site replaces the clinic formerly available at the Kroc Center. This location has been designated as a site for youth vaccinations. (Minors who wish to be vaccinated must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian in order to obtain the shot.
This week’s clinics
DCHD is planning the following vaccination clinics this week, some with specific doses as indicated:
Tuesday: All COVID-19 vaccines will be available at the DCHD walk-in clinic, located at 3505 L St., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get a Pfizer vaccination at Trinity Lutheran Church from 4-7 p.m.
Wednesday: Get a Johnson & Johnson vaccination at Youngblood’s Barber Shop from 11a.m. to 1 p.m. Get a Pfizer dose at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All COVID-19 vaccines will be available at the DCHD walk-in clinic, located at 3505 L St., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get a Pfizer dose at a drive-through clinic at Salem Baptist Church from 4-7 p.m.
Thursday: All COVID-19 vaccines will be available at the DCHD walk-in clinic, located at 3505 L St., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get a Pfizer dose at Pleasant Green Baptist Church from 4-7 p.m.
Friday: All COVID-19 vaccines will be available at the DCHD walk-in clinic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Get a Johnson & Johnson dose at the Heart Ministry Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday: Get a Pfizer dose at Clair Memorial United Methodist Church from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Get a Johnson & Johnson dose at Cinco de Mayo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Get a Pfizer dose at New Life Presbyterian Church from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
At the library
Four Omaha Public libraries are hosting Douglas County Health Department COVID-19 vaccination clinics in coming weeks. The clinics will provide free Johnson & Johnson vaccination doses to anyone age 18 and older.
- Milton Abrahams Library will host its clinic from 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, June 15.
- Dale Clarke Library will host its clinic from 9-11 a.m. Wednesday, June 16.
- Benson Library will host its clinic from 3-5 p.m. Thursday, June 17.
- Washington Library will host its clinic from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 22.
DOWNTOWN CLINIC: TotalWellness Health and the Metropolitan Community Church, located at 819 S. 22nd St., are hosting a COVID-19 vaccination clinic from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
CHURCH CLINIC: Metropolitan Community Chuch of Omaha will host a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinic from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. No ID is required, but a parent or guardian must be present at the clinic with teens ages 12-18.
DRIVE-THROUGH YOUTH CLINIC: Children’s Hospital is opening a drive-through clinic to get youth ages 12-16 their COVID-19 vaccinations. Those wanting to schedule a vaccination there should call their Children’s Physicians pediatrician; or call 402-955-SHOT. Appointments will be available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
STOCKYARDS PLAZA WALK-IN CLINIC: COVID-19 vaccinations will be available to walk-ins — no appointment needed — from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at the clinic in the Stockyards Plaza, located at 35th and L streets. Other clinics may also take walk-ins during the week as they’re able.
MCC FORT OMAHA: Vaccinations also will be distributed Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Metropolitan Community College’s Fort Omaha campus, located at 5300 N. 30th St. Appointments will be made through the county’s vaccination registry.
TOTAL WELLNESS: DCHD has been working with Total Wellness, located at 9320 H Court, to establish a vaccination clinic from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
VETERANS: Any eligible veterans can go to the Omaha VA Medical Center’s COVID-19 vaccination clinics’ walk-in hours from 9 a.m. to noon weekdays and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays at the new Ambulatory Care Center.
Three Rivers health district
- In Dodge County, the Three Rivers Fremont location will be open for walk-ins from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday; and 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- In Saunders County, the Three Rivers clinic in Lake Wanahoo is open to walk-ins from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the first and third Mondays of the month.
- In Washington County, the clinic at First Lutheran Church in Blair is open to walk-ins from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month.
NEBRASKA VACCINE HOTLINE: Gov. Pete Ricketts has asked Nebraskans to call 402-552-6645 or toll-free at 833-998-2275 for more information on the Nebraska COVID-19 vaccination process. DO NOT call your local health department.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HELPLINE: Local COVID-19 information, in Spanish and English, is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for holidays. Call 402-444-3400 for assistance.
TEST NEBRASKA HOTLINE: To get answers about Test Nebraska tests, results, communications, etc., call 402-207-9377.
IOWA VACCINE HOTLINE: Older or home-bound Iowans looking for help scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination appointment can call 1-866-468-7887 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; or contact Connections Area Agency on Aging at 712-328-2540 or 1-800-432-9209.
REFERENCE NOTE -- 6 News pulls data from Nebraska and Iowa COVID-19 dashboards at 6 p.m. daily. Other reports in this post come from official news releases from area health departments and other authorities as stated.
Vaccine sign-up: Douglas County | Sarpy/Cass | Three Rivers | Nebraska
Retail pharmacy vaccine sign-ups: Hy-Vee | Walmart | Sam’s Club | Kohll’s
Vaccine dashboard: Nebraska | Iowa
Vaccine information: Douglas County | Douglas County clinics | Nebraska | Nebraska FAQ | Nebraska timeline | Nebraska Phase 1A tiers | Nebraska Phase 1B tiers || Iowa | Pottawattamie County | Mills County | Fremont County
COVID-19 dashboards: Douglas County | Sarpy County | Three Rivers Health District | Lancaster County | Nebraska | Iowa | Worldwide
School dashboards: Omaha Public Schools | Millard Public Schools | Bellevue Public Schools | Westside Community Schools | Gretna Public Schools | Elkhorn Public Schools | Lincoln Public Schools | UNL | Midland University
COVID-19 risk dials: Omaha-Douglas County | Lincoln-Lancaster County
WOWT.com quick search: COVID-19 | Coronavirus | Vaccine
Recent COVID-19 updates
Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.