No more mask requirements at Omaha Storm Chasers games
Exceptions include fully enclosed spaces inside Werner Park
PAPILLION, Neb. (WOWT) - Thanks to the Sarpy Cass Health Department, the catcher will be the only person required to wear a mask inside Werner Park.
The ballpark, home of the Omaha Storm Chasers, announced Friday it no longer will require fans to wear masks in outdoor spaces inside the stadium, effective immediately.
According to a Storm Chasers tweet, the ballpark received the updated protocols Thursday from Major League Baseball. The Storm Chasers are a Triple-A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals.
Masks still are required when entering the ballpark and inside fully enclosed locations. Social distancing will be enforced in enclosed areas, including restrooms and concession stands.
The changes were approved by the Health Department.
Additional guidelines include:
- Bags taken to ticketed events must be transparent plastic, vinyl or PVC totes and must not be larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches. Guests also are allowed purses /wallets not exceeding 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
- High-touch necessities, such as trash can lids and water fountains, have been removed.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the stadium.
- Sealed or empty water bottles with no logos and empty reusable water bottles are allowed. A bottle filter is located near Hot Dog Nation.
- Cash will not be accepted inside the stadium.
How the new rules will affect the Star Wars Echo Base Collector Club’s Spring Toy Sale, scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 22, at the park, is unknown.
On the event’s Facebook page, the group required mask-wearing and for attendees to “follow Werner Park’s health and safety protocols.” According to Werner Park’s Facebook page, each event’s operation plan “is reviewed and approved by the department.”
Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.