Saturday April 24 COVID-19 update: Omaha VA is having its final Saturday vaccination clinic
(WOWT) - Below are today’s vaccination updates as well as data reports on new cases and other COVID-19 stats reported by health officials across Nebraska and Iowa.
Keep scrolling to find helpful links and other information, including phone numbers to call for help getting signed up for your vaccine.
Omaha VA vaccinations
The Omaha VA Medical Center is having its final COVID-19 Saturday vaccination clinic at the Omaha VAMC’s Ambulatory Care Center April 24. It will continue holding.
Saturday’s clinic is open to veterans, veterans spouses, and veteran caregivers from 8 a.m. to noon and walk-in appointments from 9 a.m. to noon.
The center has been hosting clinics for veterans, spouses, and caregivers on Saturdays since early January. The Pfizer vaccine will continue to be offered Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the VAMC. Walk-in appointments are also available 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Appointments for Pfizer vaccinations can be made through the U.S. Veterans Affairs website. Anyone needing help scheduling an appointment can call 402-346-8800, then press 2, for assistance.
The Moderna vaccine will be offered Tuesday and Thursday at the Grand Island VA Medical Center for first dose appointments from 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. The second dose appointments will be from 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Also, the Moderna vaccine will be offered Mondays-Friday at the Lincoln VA Community-Based Outpatient Clinic from 9 a.m. to noon.
Vaccination clinics planned at area high schools
Douglas County and Sarpy/Cass health departments are partnering up to host several COVID-19 vaccination clinics for area students ages 16 and older.
Held after school and over one weekend at several area high schools, the Pfizer vaccination clinics will welcome walk-ins, but appointments can also be scheduled online “to make the process easier.” All clinics will pair with second-dose clinics three weeks later, the DCHD release states.
Students ages 16-18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian, DCHD said. Other qualified family members may also receive their vaccination at that time.
Clinics scheduled on weekdays will run 4 to 8 p.m.; other clinic hours are as noted on the following schedule provided by DCHD:
- Tuesday, April 27: Millard North High School, 1010 S. 144th St.; and Omaha South High School, 4519 S. 24th St
- Wednesday, April 28: Millard North High School
- Thursday, April 29: Omaha Benson High School, 5120 Maple St.
- Saturday, May 1: Westside High School, 8701 Pacific St., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, May 2: Omaha North High School, 4410 N. 36th St., from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday, May 3: Creighton Prep High School, 7400 Western Ave.; and Central High School, 124 N. 20th St.
- Tuesday, May 4: Northwest High School, 8204 Crown Point Ave.
- Thursday, May 6: Omaha Bryan High School, 4700 Giles Road
Anyone with questions can call the DCHD COVID-19 info line at 402-444-3400.
North Omaha: Vaccinations will be distributed Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Metropolitan Community College’s Fort Omaha campus, located at 5300 N. 30th St. Appointments will be made through the state’s vaccination registry.
Federal Retail Pharmacy Program: Pharmacies in and near the Omaha-metro area currently participating in the program include:
- Medicine Man Pharmacy, 15615 Pacific St. Suite 8, Omaha NE 668118
- Think Aksarben Pharmacy LLC, 710 W. Center Road, Omaha NE 68106
- ViaRx, 825 N. 90th St., Omaha NE 68114
- Walmart, 3010 E. 23rd St., Fremont NE 68025
Pharmacies in and near the Omaha-metro area that will be added to this list include:
- The Nebraska Medical Center Bellevue Pharmacy, 2510 Bellevue Medical Center Drive, Suite 100, Bellevue NE 68123
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 5150 Center, Omaha NE 68106 NE
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 1000 South 178th St., Omaha NE 68118
- Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 14591 Stony Brook Blvd., Omaha NE 68137
- Nebraska Medicine Pharmacy at Lauritzen Outpatient Center, 4014 Leavenworth St., Omaha NE 68198
- CHI Immanuel Medical Center, located at 72nd Street and Sorensen Parkway.
- Methodist Health System, 720 N. 114th St.
- Nebraska Medicine Testing & Vaccination Clinic, located at 144th Street and Millard Avenue.
- Creighton University’s Rasmussen Center, located at 702 N. 17th St.
- Douglas County Health Department vaccination site – South Omaha, 3505 L St. (former Hy-Vee location). The site replaces the clinic formerly available at the Kroc Center.
STOCKYARDS PLAZA WALK-IN CLINIC: COVID-19 vaccinations will be available to walk-ins — no appointment needed — from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and from noon to 6 p.m. Thursdays, at the clinic in the Stockyards Plaza, located at 35th and L streets. Other clinics may also take walk-ins during the week as they’re able.
TOTAL WELLNESS: DCHD has been working with Total Wellness, located at 9320 H Court, to establish a vaccination clinic from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting April 1.
VETERANS: Any eligible veterans can go to the Omaha VA Medical Center’s COVID-19 vaccination clinics’ walk-in hours from 9 a.m. to noon weekdays and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays at the new Ambulatory Care Center.
NEBRASKA VACCINE HOTLINE: Gov. Pete Ricketts has asked Nebraskans to call 402-552-6645 or toll-free at 833-998-2275 for more information on the Nebraska COVID-19 vaccination process. DO NOT call your local health department.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HELPLINE: Local COVID-19 information, in Spanish and English, is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day except holidays. Call 402-444-3400 for assistance.
TEST NEBRASKA HOTLINE: To get answers about Test Nebraska tests, results, communications, etc., call 402-207-9377.
IOWA VACCINE HOTLINE: Older or home-bound Iowans looking for help scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination appointment can call 1-866-468-7887 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; or contact Connections Area Agency on Aging at 712-328-2540 or 1-800-432-9209.
REFERENCE NOTE -- 6 News pulls data from Nebraska and Iowa COVID-19 dashboards at 6 p.m. daily. Other reports in this post come from official news releases from area health departments and other authorities as stated.
Vaccine information: Douglas County | Douglas County clinics | Nebraska | Nebraska FAQ | Nebraska timeline | Nebraska Phase 1A tiers | Nebraska Phase 1B tiers || Iowa | Pottawattamie County | Mills County | Fremont County
School dashboards: Omaha Public Schools | Millard Public Schools | Bellevue Public Schools | Westside Community Schools | Gretna Public Schools | Elkhorn Public Schools | Lincoln Public Schools | UNL | Midland University
Copyright 2021 WOWT. All rights reserved.