Ricketts reiterates possibility of COVID-19 restrictions as hospitalizations continue to rise
OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - Gov. Pete Ricketts on Monday morning reinforced his message from last week about the measures the state is prepared to take if COVID-19 hospitalizations pass the 25% threshold.
Last week, the governor shared a chart showing what restrictions will be put in place if Nebraska goes “into the red” in terms of hospital capacity. The state is currently at 20%, but Ricketts said the first day capacity moves to 25% of staffed hospital beds filled with COVID-19 patients moves Nebraska into that restrictive scenario — and the state won’t move out of that designation until the 7-day rolling average falls below that percentage.
On Thursday, the state was reporting 905 COVID-19 hospitalizations. This morning, the Nebraska DHHS COVID-19 dashboard showed 914, which amounts to 20.4% of hospitalizations.
Ricketts has been attending his news conferences virtually as he and his wife are currently under quarantine since last week after they were notified someone they attended a dinner party with over the weekend had tested positive for COVID-19. The governor said Monday that he has since tested negative.
The governor continued to call on Nebraskans to continue to “step up” and do the things that are known to stop the spread of the virus, like washing hands, social distancing, and wearing facemasks.
Watch the full Monday news conference
Copyright 2020 WOWT. All rights reserved.