Monday Oct. 12 COVID-19 update: Health Care Coalition reports 79% occupancy rate
(WOWT) - Here is a summary of new cases and other COVID-19 stats reported today by health officials across Nebraska & Iowa.
Health Care Coalition update
The following are statics for Douglas County, Sarpy County, Washington County, Saunders County, and Dodge County.
- 282 Med/Surg Beds were available out of 1,341 staffed beds.
- 79% occupancy rate.
- 38 Adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds were available out of 351 staffed beds. (89% occupancy rate)
- 11 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) beds were available out of 39 staffed beds. (72% occupancy rate)
- 137 total inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19
- 19 COVID-19 PUIs
- 147 of the 463 (Column EG) ventilators in hospitals are in use. 5 ventilators are being used for hospitalized patients either suspected or confirmed COVID.
REFERENCE NOTE -- 6 News pulls data from Nebraska and Iowa COVID-19 dashboards at 6 p.m. daily. All other reports in this post come from official news releases from area health departments and other authorities as stated.
Copyright 2020 WOWT. All rights reserved.