Two Car Crash On Highway 36
Rescue personnel responded to a two car crash at the intersection of Highway 36 and Blair High Road in Northern Douglas County just after 10 Friday night.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Update: Four Displaced by Apartment Fire
- At least four people were looking for temporary quarters Friday night after a fire damaged an apartment building at 48th and Harrison.
Nine-Year-Old Takes Pellet Gun To School
- A Millard fourth grader has been suspended after taking a pellet gun to school. His mother is angry but not by the punishment. She claims the principal knew the night before what could happen but didn't call her to stop it.
ACLU Launches Mobile Justice App, Trains Users
- Major protests continue in Ferguson Missouri, this happening as a grand jury is deciding whether or not to charge an officer in the shooting death of Michael Brown. Excessive police force is at the center of attention and when or if it is called for.
Man Guilty of Murdering House Guest
- A metro area man was convicted Friday of first degree murder for the shooting death of his wife’s friend. The victim was killed after a night of drinking in April.
Seven More Suspects Arrested In Bank Robbery/Shooting Investigation
- Omaha police on Friday announced seven more arrests in connection with the investigation into Thursday's bank robbery and shooting.
Police Release Image of Bluffs Bank Robber
- Thursday night, Council Bluffs police released an image of the man who robbed the Centris Federal Credit Union off 29th and Avenue G earlier that day.
High School Class Raises Funds to Buy Boy a Diabetic Alert Dog
- Back in April, WOWT 6 News introduced you to a two-year-old boy in Pottawattamie County who has type 1 diabetes.
Hung Jury In Colleen Cannon Trial
- The trial of a woman accused of killing a man during a fight has ended with a hung jury and mistrial.
Update: Father Of Wandering Toddler Identified By Police
- Police have identified a little girl found wandering the street alone in south Omaha Wednesday morning. Later that same day, police found siblings of the girl and all the children are now in temporary foster care.
Credit Card Bandit Sought
- A Fremont woman visiting Omaha had an unwelcome surprise. While dining out downtown, her wallet was stolen, credit cards and all.
Man Who Allegedly Beat Woman To Death Headed To Trial
- John Gomez will head to trial for allegedly beating 76-year-old Mary McAndrews to death in her home in September.
Volunteers Stepping Up at Open Door Mission
- At the Open Door Mission, work has already begun to help feed those in need this Thanksgiving.
Friday's Hour-By-Hour Forecast
- Clouds will increase Friday leading to areas of drizzle after 4 p.m.
Gearing up for the WOWT Holiday Food Drive
- WOWT News is teaming up with Hy-Vee to help stock the shelves for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Last year, the food raised lasted through April, and this year, the challenge is to bring in more donations.
Loud Music Leads To Drug Operation, Two Arrested
- A complaint about loud music that sent police to a Ralston apartment Friday morning led to the discovery of drugs and the arrest of two people.
More Headlines From The News You Trust