UPDATE: Bus Driver Cited After Girl, 5, Left on Bus
A disturbing story in Papillion, where WOWT 6 News has learned a girl was left on a daycare bus for two hours before anyone realized it at Bright Minds Learning Center near Gold Cost Road and Highway 370.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Family Grows By Three On National Adoption Day
- After almost two years of living in their home, three siblings were welcomed into their forever family during National Adoption Day.
Food Drive Helps Needy
- The WOWT 6 Food Drive was held Saturday morning to benefit the Society of St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry.
Pedestrian Hit By Car
- A man is recovering after being struck by a car Saturday morning.
Update: Four Arrests Made In Armed Robbery
- Police arrested four suspects Friday in connection with the armed robbery earlier this month of a Council Bluffs Casey's General Store.
Lincoln Man Dies In Farm Accident
- A Lincoln man was killed Friday afternoon in a farm accident in Waverly.
Meet Puddin' And Mario
- Every now and then the Nebraska Humane Society is asked to help dogs or cats who come from large scale raids or cruelty cases. The idea is that if larger shelters across the country will take a few animals apiece, then no one is overwhelmed. That's what happened in the case of Puddin’ and Mario.
Two-Car Crash On Highway 36
- Rescue personnel responded to a two-car crash at the intersection of Highway 36 and Blair High Road in northern Douglas County just after 10 Friday night.
Update: Four Displaced by Apartment Fire
- At least four people were looking for temporary quarters Friday night after a fire damaged an apartment building at 48th and Harrison.
Nine-Year-Old Takes Pellet Gun To School
- A Millard fourth grader has been suspended after taking a pellet gun to school. His mother is angry but not by the punishment. She claims the principal knew the night before what could happen but didn't call her to stop it.
Conference Focuses on Dealing With Grief
- About 120 people attended the Grief Awareness Conference on the campus of Creighton University Friday. The event was sponsored by Ted E. Bear Hollow, an organization that focuses on helping grieving children and teens. According to program director Cathy Fox, there were lessons at the conference for just about everyone.
Traffic Stop Leads To Manhunt
- A traffic stop in Bellevue turns into a wild foot pursuit across several blocks in South Omaha.
Viewer Tips Lead To Stolen Truck Recovery
- Your tips concerning a WOWT 6 News Crime Stoppers Alert helped a local company get their "stolen truck" back.
ACLU Launches Mobile Justice App, Trains Users
- Major protests continue in Ferguson Missouri, this happening as a grand jury is deciding whether or not to charge an officer in the shooting death of Michael Brown. Excessive police force is at the center of attention and when or if it is called for.
Man Guilty of Murdering House Guest
- A metro area man was convicted Friday of first degree murder for the shooting death of his wife’s friend. The victim was killed after a night of drinking in April.
Seven More Suspects Arrested In Bank Robbery/Shooting Investigation
- Omaha police on Friday announced seven more arrests in connection with the investigation into Thursday's bank robbery and shooting.
More Headlines From The News You Trust