Bank Robbed, Man Shot, Four Arrested
Updated: 10:58 AM
One person was wounded when shots were fired following the robbery of an Omaha Bank of the West branch Thursday morning.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Gearing up for the WOWT Holiday Food Drive
5 mins ago
- WOWT News is teaming up with Hy-Vee to help stock the shelves for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry. Last year, the food raised lasted through April, and this year, the challenge is to bring in more donations.
Stolen Vehicle Hits House, Two Arrested
Updated: 6:21 AM
- Two suspects are in custody and two more are on the run after a car slammed into two homes near 52nd & Bedford early Friday morning.
Driver Seriously Hurt In I-480 Crash
Updated: 6:21 AM
- A woman driving a silver SUV was seriously hurt in a crash along I-480 near downtown Omaha Friday morning.
Loud Music Leads To Drug Operation, Two Arrested
Updated: 12:51 PM
- A complaint about loud music that sent police to a Ralston apartment Friday morning led to the discovery of drugs and the arrest of two people.
Taco Dinner Benefits Grief-Stricken Family
- All proceeds go to the family of 12 year-old, Demariont'e Brown-Elliot.
Metro Banks Hit Hard by Thieves
- Thieves have been hammering metro banks and credit unions this fall. At least 17 of them have been robbed, many at gunpoint - all shook the nerves of customers and employees.
Update: Robbery Suspect Caught
- Omaha Police believe they can tie a felon with a history of robbery to two bank robberies over the last week. Thursday night, they announced his arrest.
$1.3 Million iPad Donation For Millard Public School Students
Updated: 11:09 AM
- The Millard Public Schools Foundation Board voted unanimously Thursday evening to donate $1.3 million to Millard Public Schools for the purchase of 2,500 iPads. This donation will put five iPads in all 482 elementary classrooms throughout the district.
UNL Room And Board Costs Increased For Incoming Students
Updated: 10:57 AM
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln officials have passed a five-year plan that will increase room and board costs for students.
Nebraska's Leading Economic Indicator Dips For 2nd Month In A Row
Posted: 8:54 AM
- Nebraska's Leading Economic Indicator fell slightly in October, marking its second consecutive monthly decline.
Toyota Recalling 2006-2011 Lexus Cars
Updated: 8:16 AM
- Toyota is recalling nearly 423,000 Lexus cars in the U.S. to fix fuel leaks that can cause fires. The recalls affect the 2006 to 2011 GS, 2007 to 2010 LS and the 2006 to 2011 IS models.
Holiday Lights Spectacular Kicks Off On Saturday Night
Posted: 8:39 AM
- Midtown Omaha is gearing up for a trifecta of Holiday events on Saturday.
One Man Recovering, Following Home Invasion
- 24 year-old man speaks out about his horrifying experience, Tuesday morning.
Construction Worker Alive After Work Accident
- It was supposed to be a normal day on the job. Instead, Tyrel Frazier ended up fighting for his life.
President Says Now Is The Time For Immigration Action
Updated: 8:43 AM
- House Speaker John Boehner said Friday that President Obama is "damaging the presidency itself" with his unilateral action on immigration and the House will not stand idle and let it happen.
More Headlines From The News You Trust