Headlines From The News You Trust
Heads Up Drivers! Tips to Avoid Being a Car Break-In and Theft Victim This Holiday
Updated: 10:41 PM
- While at church near 52nd Street and Charles Street, the owner of a car quickly became a victim when a thief found an easy way inside the vehicle.
All he had to do was open her unlocked door and take what he saw.
Unusual Gas Drive Off Case
Updated: 6:27 PM
- An unusual gas drives off in Sarpy County and you can help get answers by identifying the driver. WOWT6 Crimestoppers has video from the truck stop.
Update: Chief Weighs-In on Car Clash
Posted: 3:56 PM
- Important evidence in a high profile crime is gone. That comes as a shock to the prosecutor and a key witness in the case. A day after an exclusive Fact Finders investigation found it not missing but sold, Omaha's police chief promised to make things right.
Northeast Storm Disrupts Holiday Travel
Updated: 2:30 PM
- More than 550 flights have been canceled nationwide so far Wednesday, the bulk of them in the northeast where rain and snow is hampering pre-Thanksgiving travel.
Man Hospitalized In Critical Condition After Stabbing
Updated: 8:21 PM
- A man was taken to the hospital in critical condition after being stabbed by a sharp object during a fight with another man.
Firefighter Collects Furniture For Needy Families
Updated: 5:32 PM
- Firefighters make it their careers to help people during threatening and critical situations.
Battalion Chief: Man "Lucky," Safe After Being Pinned Under Massive Trailer
Updated: 6:36 PM
- A rescue crew was called to 44th & Dewey to help free a man trapped under a 50 foot trailer.
Seven Day Postal Service Package Deliveries Start Sunday
Updated: 4:24 PM
- Beginning Sunday, Nov. 30, Postal Service carriers in 29 Nebraska cities, including Omaha and Council Bluffs, IA, will deliver packages 7 days a week through Christmas.
Update: Shooting Victim Identified
Updated: 2:32 PM
- A man critically wounded in a shooting Wednesday morning is expected to recover.
Pedestrian Hit By Car
Updated: 2:34 PM
- A man was seriously hurt when he was hit by a car near 42nd and Ames in Omaha Wednesday morning.
Winter Day Camp Registration Now Open At Fontenelle Forest
Posted: 3:53 PM
- Fontenelle Forest will once again be offering Winter Day Camps at Camp Brewster in late-December.
Recent Rash of Robberies
Updated: 5:17 PM
- A recent outbreak of robberies in the metro has area law enforcement warning those caught in the dangerous event to play it safe.
Police Arrest Colorado Man For Pointing Banana At Deputy
Posted: 3:45 PM
- A 27-year-old man is being charged with a felony after allegedly pointing a banana at a Mesa County Sheriff's Office deputy in jest.
Convicted Murderer Nikko Jenkins Sues State
Updated: 2:35 PM
- The man convicted of first-degree murder in four 2013 shootings shortly after he was released from prison has filed another lawsuit accusing the state of failing to adequately treat his mental illness.
Ruth Sokolof Christmas Shopping Party Set For December 7
Updated: 2:36 PM
- The 54th Annual Ruth Sokolof Christmas Shopping Party for Nebraska children with visual impairments will be held on Sunday, December 7, 2014.
More Headlines From The News You Trust