Headlines From The News You Trust
One Man Recovering, Following Home Invasion
- 24 year-old man speaks out about his horrifying experience, Tuesday morning.
Safety Is A Big Focus With Wearable Technology
- As Meg Laughlin rides her bike up the road to her friends house, she wears a green looking watch. But it isn't an ordinary watch, it's called a FiLip watch.
Police Release Image of Bluffs Bank Robber
- Thursday night, Council Bluffs police released an image of the man who robbed the Centris Federal Credit Union off 29th and Avenue G earlier that day.
Construction Worker Alive After Work Accident
- It was supposed to be a normal day on the job. Instead, Tyrel Frazier ended up fighting for his life.
President Says Now Is The Time For Immigration Action
- President Barack Obama is telling the American people that the time to change the nation's immigration system is now, and he's taking action to make that happen.
Years After Fact Finders Investigation, Fraud Suspect Pleads Guilty
- A former manager of a defunct investment company has pleaded guilty to fraud. WOWT Fact Finders exposed him five years ago.
Metro Banks Hit Hard by Thieves
- Thieves have been hammering metro banks and credit unions this fall. At least 17 of them have been robbed, many at gunpoint - all shook the nerves of customers and employees.
Progress Reported On Review Of "Good Time" Miscalculations
- The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS), working closely with the Nebraska Attorney General’s office, continues to make progress in resolving any remaining issues stemming from the mandatory minimum sentence miscalculations identified in June.
Behind the Scenes Look At Wardrobe of Radio City Christmas Spectacular
- The Rockettes are in Omaha performing at the Orpheum. In a show called Radio City Christmas Spectacular, these long legged performers have several wardrobe changes.
Ralston Man Indicted for Fireworks
- A Ralston man who organized a popular fireworks show in his neighborhood is now facing a four count federal indictment.
Update: Wandering Toddler ID'd & Siblings Found, Father Cited
- Police have identified a little girl found wandering the street alone in south Omaha Wednesday morning. Later that same day, police found siblings of the girl and all the children are now in temporary foster care.
Humane Society Nursing Frostbitten Kitten Back to Health
- The Nebraska Humane Society is nursing a frostbitten kitten back to health.
Grassley Joins In Supporting Ebola Visa Ban
- Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley today joined Senators Marco Rubio, Pat Roberts, John Thune and Mark Kirk to introduce legislation that would create a temporary visa ban for people who have resided in a country that the Centers for Disease Control has designated as a country with “widespread transmission of Ebola.”
Three Hospitalized For Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Three people were hospitalized Thursday morning for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
Branstad Approves Emergency Allowance For More Diesel Transport
- Today, Governor Terry E. Branstad approved an emergency proclamation suspending the regulatory provisions pertaining to hours of service for drivers of commercial motor vehicles transporting diesel products.
More Headlines From The News You Trust