Update: Driver Cited After 5-Year-Old Left On Bus
Updated: 5:32 PM
A disturbing story in Papillion, where WOWT 6 News has learned a girl was left on a day care bus for two hours Friday before anyone realized it at Bright Minds Learning Center near Gold Cost Road and Highway 370.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Grassley Law Helps Justice Department Recover $3 Billion Taxpayer Money
Posted: 4:22 PM
- Senator Chuck Grassley reports that the federal False Claims Law has recovered $5.69 billion in the fiscal year 2014, nearly $3 billion of which was related to lawsuits filed under the qui tam provisions of the False Claims Act.
United Way 2014 "Holiday Helpers" Volunteer Opportunities
Posted: 4:34 PM
- United Way of the Midlands has outlined ways to assist vulnerable neighbors who struggle to make ends meet during the holiday season with it's 2014 "Holiday Helpers" program.
Armed Robber Sought
Updated: 10:58 AM
- Police are looking for the man who robbed an Omaha check cashing business at gunpoint Saturday afternoon.
Family Grows By Three On National Adoption Day
- After almost two years of living in their home, three siblings were welcomed into their forever family during National Adoption Day.
Food Drive Helps Needy
- The WOWT 6 Food Drive was held Saturday morning to benefit the Society of St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry.
Calling All Artists: It's T-Shirt Time!
Updated: 1:09 PM
- Boys Town National Research Hospital is seeking a t-shirt design for its Memorial Day Run, this year.
Record Numbers Expected To Hit The Road For Thanksgiving
Updated: 11:28 AM
- It's not Thanksgiving quite yet but already drivers are taking to the roadways and they seem to be having a rough go of things. With AAA expecting a record number traveling this holiday, it serves as a good reminder safety experts say, to drive safely.
Motorist Seriously Hurt In Head-On Collision
Updated: 11:10 AM
- A head-on collision in Papillion sent a motorist to the hospital with serious injuries Saturday afternoon.
Pedestrian Hit By Car
- A man is recovering after being struck by a car Saturday morning.
Update: Four Arrests Made In Armed Robbery
- Police arrested four suspects Friday in connection with the armed robbery earlier this month of a Council Bluffs Casey's General Store.
Lincoln Man Dies In Farm Accident
- A Lincoln man was killed Friday afternoon in a farm accident in Waverly.
Meet Puddin' And Mario
- Every now and then the Nebraska Humane Society is asked to help dogs or cats who come from large scale raids or cruelty cases. The idea is that if larger shelters across the country will take a few animals apiece, then no one is overwhelmed. That's what happened in the case of Puddin’ and Mario.
Two-Car Crash On Highway 36
- Rescue personnel responded to a two-car crash at the intersection of Highway 36 and Blair High Road in northern Douglas County just after 10 Friday night.
Update: Four Displaced by Apartment Fire
- At least four people were looking for temporary quarters Friday night after a fire damaged an apartment building at 48th and Harrison.
Nine-Year-Old Takes Pellet Gun To School
- A Millard fourth grader has been suspended after taking a pellet gun to school. His mother is angry but not by the punishment. She claims the principal knew the night before what could happen but didn't call her to stop it.
More Headlines From The News You Trust