Headlines From The News You Trust
Thanksgiving Meal Served to Those In Need
- As many of us gather around the table to celebrate our own Thanksgiving traditions this year, thousands across the metro are struggling this season, many forced into area shelters.
Three-Car Collision Takes Down Pole
- A three-car collision took down a light pole in Omaha Wednesday afternoon. The crash was reported where 50th Street, South Saddle Creek, and Woolworth all meet.
Heads Up Drivers! Tips to Avoid Being a Car Break-In and Theft Victim This Holiday
- While at church near 52nd Street and Charles Street, the owner of a car quickly became a victim when a thief found an easy way inside the vehicle.
All he had to do was open her unlocked door and take what he saw.
Unusual Gas Drive Off Case
- An unusual gas drives off in Sarpy County and you can help get answers by identifying the driver. WOWT6 Crimestoppers has video from the truck stop.
Update: Chief Weighs-In on Car Clash
- Important evidence in a high profile crime is gone. That comes as a shock to the prosecutor and a key witness in the case. A day after an exclusive Fact Finders investigation found it not missing but sold, Omaha's police chief promised to make things right.
Northeast Storm Disrupts Holiday Travel
- More than 550 flights have been canceled nationwide so far Wednesday, the bulk of them in the northeast where rain and snow is hampering pre-Thanksgiving travel.
Man Hospitalized In Critical Condition After Stabbing
- A man was taken to the hospital in critical condition after being stabbed by a sharp object during a fight with another man.
Firefighter Collects Furniture For Needy Families
- Firefighters make it their careers to help people during threatening and critical situations.
Battalion Chief: Man "Lucky," Safe After Being Pinned Under Massive Trailer
- A rescue crew was called to 44th & Dewey to help free a man trapped under a 50 foot trailer.
Seven Day Postal Service Package Deliveries Start Sunday
- Beginning Sunday, Nov. 30, Postal Service carriers in 29 Nebraska cities, including Omaha and Council Bluffs, IA, will deliver packages 7 days a week through Christmas.
Update: Shooting Victim Identified
- A man critically wounded in a shooting Wednesday morning is expected to recover.
Pedestrian Hit By Car
- A man was seriously hurt when he was hit by a car near 42nd and Ames in Omaha Wednesday morning.
Winter Day Camp Registration Now Open At Fontenelle Forest
- Fontenelle Forest will once again be offering Winter Day Camps at Camp Brewster in late-December.
Recent Rash of Robberies
- A recent outbreak of robberies in the metro has area law enforcement warning those caught in the dangerous event to play it safe.
Police Arrest Colorado Man For Pointing Banana At Deputy
- A 27-year-old man is being charged with a felony after allegedly pointing a banana at a Mesa County Sheriff's Office deputy in jest.
More Headlines From The News You Trust