Defense Secretary Hagel Stepping Down
Posted: 8:33 AM
Several news organizations reported Monday morning that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel is resigning. Hagel is a former United States Senator from Nebraska and a veteran of the Vietnam War.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Hy Vee Announces Heroes Game Winners
7 mins ago
- A bank president from Pilger, Nebraska and a Winterset, Iowa teenager will be recognized for their remarkable acts of courage on Friday, November 28, 2014. 18-year-old Austin Benson and Gene Willers will represent their home states as “citizen heroes” when the University of Iowa Hawkeyes host the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers in the Hy-Vee Heroes Game.
Several Vehicles Stolen From Same Place
Posted: 9:32 AM
- Several vehicles stolen from same place then located.
Update: Two Robberies Along Q Street, No Arrests
- Omaha Police are interviewing witnesses after a man robbed the Walgreens off 156th & Q Street Sunday night.
Gas Prices in Omaha Continue to Fall
Posted: 7:42 AM
- Average retail gasoline prices in Omaha have fallen 10.7 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.88/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 300 gas outlets in Omaha. This compares with the national average that has fallen 4.9 cents per gallon in the last week to $2.82/g, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
Update: Six Month Check In After Family Gets Bariatric Surgery Together
- It's been six months since the Rapiach family underwent bariatric surgery at Nebraska Medicine. As they go through their six and three month check ups, each family members is feeling a little lighter and a million times happier.
Rash Of Crashes South Of Omaha
Posted: 9:19 AM
- Crashes on busy highways but no serious injuries over the weekend. The Cass County Sheriff’s Department says each was a case of distracted driving.
Fugitive Arrested After Accidentally Calling 911
- File this one under 'Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction'. Fairbury Police caught and arrested a fugitive, after he called 911.
United Way's Community Investment Process Now Open
Posted: 9:08 AM
- United Way of the Midlands invites non-profit 501c(3) organizations to submit a Letter of Intent to participate in its community investment process for 2015-2016 United Way funding.
Grandmother and Grandkids Learn Self Defense Together
- Six year old Evan is learning what to do if he ever has to face a bully. "Stop! Get away from me," he screams.
Healthcare Forum Focuses On Affordable Care Act Changes
Posted: 9:21 AM
- The Western Douglas County Chamber of Commerce will host the Nebraska Healthcare Alliance for an educational forum on Tuesday, November 25th from 11:30-1:00pm.
Records: DNA Links Admiral With Phony Casino-Chips
- The admiral fired last year as No. 2 commander of the U.S. nuclear force amid a gambling investigation denies that he made the counterfeit casino chips he was caught using at Council Bluffs' Horseshoe Casino. He had been serving at Offutt.
Update: Family Upset, Papillion Daycare Releases Statement
- A disturbing story in Papillion, where WOWT 6 News has learned a girl was left on a day care bus for two hours Friday before anyone realized it at Bright Minds Learning Center near Gold Cost Road and Highway 370.
Tips For Preparing Safe Thanksgiving Dinner
- The Douglas County Health Department is offering a few basic rules to help in safely preparing a holiday meal.
Donut Shop Robbed At Gunpoint, Suspects Fire Shot As They Flee
- Police are looking for two men who robbed an Omaha Winchell's Donuts at gunpoint Sunday morning.
Five Dead, Three Injured In Head-On Crash
- Authorities have identified the five people killed in a head-on crash Saturday afternoon east of Sloan, Iowa.
More Headlines From The News You Trust