Headlines From The Sports Machine
Nebraska-Iowa Kickoff at 11:00a.m.
- Nebraska's Nov. 28 game at Iowa will kick off at 11 am. The game will be nationally televised by ABC
Creighton Headed to NCAA Soccer Tournament
- The Creighton men’s soccer team earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the 22nd time in 23 seasons when pairings were announced on NCAA.com on Monday afternoon.
Petteway Named to Wooden Watch List
- Nebraska basketball standout Terran Petteway was tabbed for the Wooden Award Men's Preseason Top 50 Monday afternoon. Chosen by a preseason poll of national college basketball experts, the list is comprised of 50 student-athletes.
Sweet! Omaha to Host NCAA Sweet 16 & Elite 8
- The NCAA announced Monday that Omaha will host the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games for the Division 1 Men’s basketball tournament in 2018. Creighton University will play host.
UPDATE: Former Creighton Prep Coach Cited For Assault
- Omaha Creighton Prep head football coach and counselor Chris Nizzi has resigned from the school effective immediately, it was announced Sunday.
Wire-to-Wire Win Pushes Creighton Men's Basketball Past Chicago State
- Will Artino had career-highs with 20 points and five steals as Creighton men's basketball led wire-to-wire in an 84-66 win over Chicago State on Sunday.
Huskers Win Season Opener
- All-Big Ten performer Terran Petteway had a game-high 25 points, including six 3-pointers, lifting No. 21 Nebraska to an 80-61 win over Northern Kentucky.
No. 16 Huskers Sprint Past Lady Braves
- Brandi Jeffery produced another impressive performance, scoring No. 16 Nebraska's first 10 points to lead the Huskers to a 20-point halftime edge on their way to an 83-49 women's basketball win over Alcorn State Sunday.
Huskers Volleyball Tops Maryland for Sixth Straight Win
- The 11th-ranked Nebraska volleyball team won its sixth straight match with a 3-1 victory over Maryland on Sunday.
Huskers Tumble In Polls, Florida State Number One
- After the 59-24 loss at Wisconsin, the 8-2 Huskers fell 10 places to 21st in The Associated Press poll and eight spots to 19th in the USA Today poll released on Sunday.
Nebraska-Minnesota Kickoff At 11 A.M.
- The Nebraska-Minnesota game will kick off at 11:00 a.m. Saturday at Memorial Stadium and be televised by ESPN.
Wisconsin's 56 Unanswered Points Bury Huskers 59-24
- Melvin Gordon rushed for a major college-record 408 yards and four touchdowns and Wisconsin overcame three early turnovers to take control of the Big Ten West division with a 59-24 win over Nebraska Saturday in Madison.
Creighton Volleyball Clinches First BIG EAST Title
- The Creighton Volleyball team won its first BIG EAST title in program history with a 3-2 victory at St. John's on Saturday night in Queens.
Iowa Grounds Up Illinois 30-14
- Running back Mark Weisman ran for 134 yards and Iowa battered host Illinois with 587 yards of offense in a 30-14 win Saturday win.
Abdullah Practices with Brace on Knee
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck met with the media following Tuesday’s practice, mentioning that senior All-America candidate Ameer Abdullah looked pretty good out on the practice field today. Abdullah practiced with a brace on his left knee.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine