Stanford Sweeps Huskers
Seventh-ranked Nebraska was swept by No. 3 Stanford in the final game of the AVCA Showcase Sunday afternoon at the Devaney Center.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Hosmer On Rehab Assignment In Omaha
- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer begins a rehab assignment in Omaha Saturday as the Storm Chasers host Colorado Springs.
#23 Creighton Volleyball Prevails Over Lipscomb
- The No. 23 Creighton Volleyball team opened up the 2014 season with a hard-fought 3-1 victory over Atlantic Sun Conference favorite Lipscomb on Friday morning at the Kansas Invitational.
Huskers Closing In On Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparation for Saturday's season opener on Thursday with a one-hour walk-through inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Tommy's Time to Shine
- After a year of splitting reps with Ron Kellogg III, it is time for Tommy Armstrong to take the reins.
Huskers Inch Closer to Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their season opening game versus Florida Atlantic Tuesday afternoon, as the Huskers practiced for just less than two hours at the Hawks Championship Center and outside on the Ed and Joyanne Gass practice fields.
Alex Gordon Hits Game Winner
- Alex Gordon hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning, giving Kansas City a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Twins and helping the Royals avoid their first three-game skid since mid-July.
McDermott Wins Rupp Trophy
- Former Creighton men's basketball standout Doug McDermott had a productive Tuesday while returning to his alma mater.The recent first-round pick and current member of the Chicago Bulls started his afternoon by picking up the Adolph F. Rupp Trophy.
Memorial Stadium Improvement Project
- As the 2014 Nebraska Football season kicks off this upcoming Saturday against Florida Atlantic, the Nebraska Athletic Department is excited to unveil the many fan experience improvements that have been made within Memorial Stadium this past summer.
Huskers Name Five Co-Captains
- Nebraska announced Monday that five seniors have been selected as captains for the 2014 season.The group includes I-back Ameer Abdullah, receiver Kenny Bell and offensive guard Jake Cotton, cornerback Josh Mitchell and safety Corey Cooper.
Husker Volleyball on TV
- The Nebraska Athletic Department and the Big Ten Conference announced on Monday afternoon that at least 23 of Nebraska’s 29 volleyball matches during the 2014 season will be televised or streamed online.
Abdullah Ready for Senior Season
- Ameer Abdullah is in position to become the first Nebraska player to record three 1,000-yard rushing seasons. Not that it's a primary goal for him."Probably like 49th on my list," Abdullah said Monday. "Win is like one through 38. And then you've got championship 39 through 47."
Ohio State Quarterback Out for Season
- Ohio State says quarterback Braxton Miller will miss the 2014 season after reinjuring his throwing shoulder.Miller, a two-time Big Ten player of the year, left practice in pain Monday after making a throw.
Ohio State said Tuesday Miller will require surgery.
Ryker Fyfe is Husker Backup Quarterback
- Nebraska's Ryker Fyfe has turned his frustration over being a walk-on into positive energy.To the surprise of many, but certainly not Fyfe, the redshirt sophomore has passed heralded 2013 recruit Johnny Stanton on his way to the No. 2 quarterback's job.
UCLA Defeats UNO 5-2
- Mark Moulton and Felipe da Silva each scored second-half goals, but No. 4 UCLA took control early in a 5-2 exhibition win over the Omaha men's soccer team on Tuesday.
UNO Soccer Player to Sing National Anthem in KC
- UNO women's soccer sophomore defender Emily Michaels has been selected to sing the National Anthem at this Saturday's Sporting Kansas City match after winning SKC's inaugural "Oh Say Can You Sing" National Anthem Contest.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine