Headlines From The Sports Machine
Creighton, Toronto Tangle Over Bluejay Logo
- The Toronto Blue Jays are contesting Creighton University's use of a new logo, saying the depiction of the school's "Bluejay" too closely resembles the logo of the major league baseball team.
Huskers Shake Up Personnel on Wednesday
- Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini spoke with media following practice, noting that Wednesday’s practice was a good one, mainly because the Huskers mixed and matched their personnel throughout practice, giving different guys different looks.
Creighton Volleyball Tabbed Favorites in BIG EAST
- The Creighton volleyball team has been picked to win the BIG EAST Conference, according to a poll of league coaches announced Wednesday.
UNO Men's Soccer Picked Second in Summit League Poll
- The Omaha men's soccer team was picked to finish second in the Summit League Preseason Poll released on Wednesday.
Ohio State Quarterback Out for Season
- Ohio State says quarterback Braxton Miller will miss the 2014 season after reinjuring his throwing shoulder.Miller, a two-time Big Ten player of the year, left practice in pain Monday after making a throw.
Ohio State said Tuesday Miller will require surgery.
Ryker Fyfe is Husker Backup Quarterback
- Nebraska's Ryker Fyfe has turned his frustration over being a walk-on into positive energy.To the surprise of many, but certainly not Fyfe, the redshirt sophomore has passed heralded 2013 recruit Johnny Stanton on his way to the No. 2 quarterback's job.
UCLA Defeats UNO 5-2
- Mark Moulton and Felipe da Silva each scored second-half goals, but No. 4 UCLA took control early in a 5-2 exhibition win over the Omaha men's soccer team on Tuesday.
UNO Soccer Player to Sing National Anthem in KC
- UNO women's soccer sophomore defender Emily Michaels has been selected to sing the National Anthem at this Saturday's Sporting Kansas City match after winning SKC's inaugural "Oh Say Can You Sing" National Anthem Contest.
Westside Loses to Michigan 4-3 in Legion World Series
- Westside (KB Building Services) lost to Michigan 4-3 in the semi-finals of the American Legion Baseball World Series on Monday night. Westside finished the season with a record of 59-6.
Armstrong Looking Good to Coaching Staff
- Sophomore quarterback Tommy Armstrong has been impressing the NU coaching staff as the season draws near. According to offensive coordinator Tim Beck, Armstrong, who started eight games last season, had a great week of practice last week, and brought it with him Monday on the practice field.
Westside Advances to Semi-Finals of Legion World Series
- Westside (KB Building Services) remained undefeated in the American Legion World Series. Westside defeated Hawaii 12-8 and advanced to the semi-finals on Monday night in Shelby, North Carolina.
Florida State Still Tops In AP Poll, Huskers 22nd
- Defending national champion Florida State is No. 1 in The Associated Press preseason college football poll released Sunday. Nebraska is ranked 22nd.
Storm Chasers Blank Las Vegas 4-0
- Carlos Peguero homered twice and Liam Hendriks and Scott Alexander combined on a shutout as the Storm Chasers defeated Las Vegas 4-0 Sunday afternoon at Werner Park.
Hawkeye Fans Get Glimpse Of 2014 Squad At Open Practice
- Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz wants his players focused on little more than football during fall camp. That's why fans get one chance to see what the Hawkeyes might look like when they open the season in two weeks.
Blue and White Scrimmage Ends in 2-2 Draw
- wo Creighton men’s soccer players scored a pair of goals for their respective teams as the annual Blue-White Scrimmage held Friday night at Morrison Stadium ended in a 2-2 draw.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine