Headlines From The Sports Machine
Nebraska-Fresno State A 9:30 Start
- The Mountain West Conference announced Thursday that the September 13th Nebraska-Fresno State game will kick off at 9:30 p.m. Central Time and be televised by the CBS Sports Network.
10-Run Second Inning Powers Huskers to 17-6 Win
- Trailing after the top of the first inning for the second straight game, the Nebraska baseball team exploded for a combined 15 runs in their first two at-bats, including a 10-run, 11-hit second inning en route to a 17-6 victory over the Omaha Mavericks on Wednesday at Hawks Field.
Smith Signs With Husker Basketball
- University of Nebraska Men’s Basketball Coach Tim Miles announced Wednesday that point guard Tarin Smith signed a National Letter-of-Intent with the Nebraska basketball program.
Nashville Downs Storm Chasers 5-3
- The Storm Chasers out-hit the Sounds 11-9, but were shut out until late in the game, losing 5-3 Sunday afternoon in Nashville.
Former UNLV Standout Moving On To Iowa State
- Former UNLV star Bryce Dejean-Jones says he'll play his final season at Iowa State. A guard who led the Runnin' Rebels with 13.6 points a game last season said Sunday he decided Iowa State was the right fit after visiting Ames over the weekend.
Cyclone Forward Suspended After DUI Arrest
- Iowa State has suspended Abdel Nader from the basketball team after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving over the weekend.
Big Day For Cross In Spring Game
- Imani Cross ran for 100 yards and two touchdowns against the No. 1 defense to highlight the Nebraska spring game Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
DeLeon Tosses Second Straight Complete Game
- Nebraska senior Christian DeLeon went the distance for the second straight week on Saturday afternoon in a 5-2 win over the Minnesota Golden Gophers.
Boston College Forward Wins Hobey Baker Award
- Boston College forward Johnny Gaudreau won the Hobey Baker Award Friday night as the top Division I college hockey player and signed with the Calgary Flames.
Nebraska Spring Game Scoring System
- The scoring system is designed to give both teams equal opportunity to put points on the scoreboard, creating a competitive and fun atmosphere for the game.
1st Prime Time Big 10 Game At Big House
- Michigan will host a Big Ten football game under the lights for the first time.
McDermott Wins Naismith Award
- After two consecutive seasons of being an award finalist, the third time was a charm for Creighton University senior Doug McDermott, as he was named winner of the 2014 Naismith Trophy for Men’s College Player of the Year presented by AT&T.
Equipment Stolen From Ex-Husker's Trunk
- Police say a former Nebraska defensive end had more than $1,300 in Husker football equipment stolen from the trunk of his car while he was away playing for the Cleveland Browns.
Arkansas Defeats Nebraska 4-3
- Offense was at a premium for both teams on Tuesday night at Baum Stadium, as the Nebraska baseball team (15-13, 1-2 Big Ten) fell to the Arkansas Razorbacks (18-10, 4-5 SEC) by a score of 4-3.
Mavs Edge Kansas State 5-4
- Sophomore Alex Schultz came through with the game-winning RBI single to score sophomore Cole Gruber in the bottom of the 10th inning on Tuesday, giving the Omaha baseball team its second straight walkoff win with a 6-5 victory over Kansas State at Werner Park.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine