- After two consecutive seasons of being an award finalist, the third time was a charm for Creighton University senior Doug McDermott, as he was named winner of the 2014 Naismith Trophy for Men’s College Player of the Year presented by AT&T.
- Isaiah Austin and Brady Heslip each scored 17 points and Baylor shut down Creighton's Doug McDermott with suffocating defense, ending the career of one of college basketball's most prolific scorers with an 85-55 win Sunday night in the NCAA tournament West Regional.
- The Creighton baseball team earned a sweep of Fresno State with a 6-2 win over the Bulldogs on Sunday, March 23. The win moved the Bluejays to 10-6-1 on the season, while Fresno State fell to 15-9.
- The Creighton women's basketball team saw its 2013-14 season come to a close as the Bluejays fell to South Dakota State, 62-51, in the second round of the WNIT Tournament on Sunday, March 23.
- The Omaha Sports Hall of Fame announced Wednesday that Creighton senior forward Doug McDermott and University of Nebraska at Omaha senior track athlete Sami Spenner have been named the Omaha Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year.
- When the invitations to the NCAA men’s basketball tournament were handed out Sunday, many saw the potential match-up between Nebraska and Creighton on Sunday. However, neither team is showing any willingness to look past their first game on Friday.