- Nebraska basketball players Shavon Shields and Trevor Menke were recognized for their efforts in the classroom Monday, as both players were named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Honors Court.
- Husker senior I-back Ameer Abdullah and junior defensive end Randy Gregory continued an impressive collection of preseason accolades on Friday as both were named to watch list for the Walter Camp Player of the Year.
- The Big Ten Conference and its television partners announced kickoff times for games in the opening weeks of the 2014 season, including the Huskers’ first two home games, Wednesday afternoon.
- Three former all-conference offensive linemen headlined by All-American and 12-year NFL veteran Russ Hochstein join Nebraska’s all-time leading tackler Barrett Ruud in a group of four Huskers being inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame.
- Runners can now register to be a part of the second Nebraska Football Uplifting Athletes Road Race. The event is set for Sunday, July 20, and includes both a one-mile fun run and a competitive 5K race.