- Nebraska basketball players Shavon Shields and Trevor Menke were recognized for their efforts in the classroom Monday, as both players were named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Honors Court.
- Three former all-conference offensive linemen headlined by All-American and 12-year NFL veteran Russ Hochstein join Nebraska’s all-time leading tackler Barrett Ruud in a group of four Huskers being inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame.
- Runners can now register to be a part of the second Nebraska Football Uplifting Athletes Road Race. The event is set for Sunday, July 20, and includes both a one-mile fun run and a competitive 5K race.
- A total of 62 Nebraska student-athletes across all sports earned recognition as Big Ten Distinguished Scholars during the 2013-14 academic year, including 14 Huskers who posted perfect 4.0 grade-point averages.
- University of Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles announced Tuesday afternoon that senior forward Leslee Smith has suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee. The injury was discovered during an MRI examination Tuesday afternoon in Lincoln.