Big Red Extra Headlines
Huskers Prepare for Miami
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, showing a great deal of respect to the athletic Hurricanes.
“They have a lot of weapons at every skilled position, they have guys that can take it to the house every time they touch the ball.”
Big 10 Honors Husker Freshman
- For the second straight week, a Husker earned the Big Ten’s top special teams’ accolade, as freshman De’Mornay Pierson-El was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week Monday morning.
Nebraska Creeps Back Into Top 25
- After a brief disappearance, the 3-0 Huskers are back in the top 25 following their victory over Fresno State Saturday night. NU is 24th in The Associated Press media poll and 22nd in the USA Today coaches poll released on Sunday.
Huskers Put On Late Show, 55-19 Over Fresno State
- Tommy Armstrong Jr. threw a 70-yard touchdown pass on the fourth play from scrimmage and Ameer Abdullah scored on a 57-yard run on Nebraska's next play to lead the Huskers to a 55-19 win at Fresno State Saturday night.
Huskers Ready for Fresno State
- Head Coach Bo Pelini addressed the media following practice, noting that the Huskers will head out to Fresno after an early afternoon practice in Lincoln.
Huskers Prepare For Fresno State
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for the third game of the season with a 90-minute practice Tuesday afternoon at the Hawks Championship Center. The Huskers will travel to Fresno State this Saturday for the first away game of the season.
Coach Pelini Takes Blame for Close Win
- Bo Pelini's weekly news conference sounded more like a mea culpa.
The Nebraska coach spent all but a couple of his 28 minutes in front of the reporters Monday listing his team's deficiencies in its 31-24 win over McNeese State.
Abdullah Earns Paul Hornung Award
- Husker I-back Ameer Abdullah was one of four players around the nation named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll exemplifying their versatility on the field.
Foltz Named Big 10 Special team Player of the Week
- Nebraska punter Sam Foltz was honored for his performance against McNeese State on Saturday, as he was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week. It is the first time the Grand Island native has received the Big Ten honor, and marks the second straight week a Husker has received a Big Ten weekly award.
Randy Gregory Doubtful for McNeese St. Game
- Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory is doubtful for this week's game against McNeese State because of an injury to his left knee.
Gregory left the Florida Atlantic game after the Cornhuskers' first defensive series Saturday.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Huskers Head into Showdown with Miami
Lincoln, Neb.- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their Saturday night showdown with the Miami Hurricanes
Opponent Preview: Miami
Huskers.com previews Saturday's opponent, the Miami Hurricanes.
Osborne Calls 1994 Team Most Remarkable
As Nebraska's Hall-of-Fame head football coach prepares to rendezvous with players, coaches and athletic staffers celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Huskers' 1994 national championship team, Tom
Brown Sees Huskers Through Historic Lens
If you were one of 430 Nebraska football fans who purchased tickets to last Saturday night's Husker Huddle prior to NU's nationally televised game at Fresno State, you were rewarded for your loyalty
Huskers Looking to Limit Big Plays
Lincoln, Neb.- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their primetime showdown Saturday night with the Miami Hurricanes