Big Red Extra Headlines
Ohio State Quarterback Out for Season
- Ohio State says quarterback Braxton Miller will miss the 2014 season after reinjuring his throwing shoulder.Miller, a two-time Big Ten player of the year, left practice in pain Monday after making a throw.
Ohio State said Tuesday Miller will require surgery.
Ryker Fyfe is Husker Backup Quarterback
- Nebraska's Ryker Fyfe has turned his frustration over being a walk-on into positive energy.To the surprise of many, but certainly not Fyfe, the redshirt sophomore has passed heralded 2013 recruit Johnny Stanton on his way to the No. 2 quarterback's job.
Florida State Still Tops In AP Poll, Huskers 22nd
- Defending national champion Florida State is No. 1 in The Associated Press preseason college football poll released Sunday. Nebraska is ranked 22nd.
Pelini Crunching The Numbers As Week Two Ends
- Nebraska finished up its second full week of fall camp on Saturday with a two-hour practice.
Cockrell Impressing Papuchis at Nickel
- The Nebraska football team continued its second full week of Fall Camp Friday evening with a 90-minute practice at the Ed and Joyanne Gass practice fields outside of the Hawks Championship Center.
Nebraska AD Supports Coach Pelini
- Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst did his part Wednesday to cool any speculation about coach Bo Pelini entering the season on the hot seat.
Big 10 Preview: Wisconsin
- Star tailback Melvin Gordon is still on the run at Wisconsin, but new leaders must emerge on defense in 2014.Coach Gary Andersen's team lost eight defensive starters from a squad that finished 9-4 last year.
Big 10 Preview: Nebraska
- Tommy Armstrong Jr. had never taken a meaningful snap when he was thrust into the Nebraska starting quarterback's job. Yet he helped the Cornhuskers to a nine-win season that ended with a bowl victory over Georgia.
Big 10 Preview: Purdue
- Darrell Hazell has a message for Purdue's players.Leave the past behind and focus on the future.The second-year coach grew weary of poring through game tapes to figure out what went wrong in 2013, when the Boilermakers were 1-11.
Big 10 Preview: Minnesota
- For the first time under coach Jerry Kill, Minnesota has made significant progress.Last season, the Gophers doubled their Big Ten victory total of the previous two years. Their eight wins were the most the program had in a decade.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Husker Hall-of-Famer Nagle Dies at Age 90
Fran Nagle, who had never played football until after he was a prisoner of war in World War II, died last Friday in Madison, Wis. His funeral and burial will be this Friday in Wisconsin's Capital
BTN Live Visits Huskers Fall Camp
The BTN Live crew visited Lincoln, Neb. on Monday, August 18, 2014 to catch up on fall camp.
Huskers Help Honor the Past, Inspire the Future
Blue Springs, Neb. – Anthony Steels, Shane Swanson and Mark Blazek Saturday received a history lesson that has been three decades in waiting. Nebraska Guy Chamberlin Trophy winners in 1981, 1984 and
Beck Pleased with QB Armstrong’s Play
Lincoln, Neb.- The Nebraska football team began its third week of the 2014 fall camp Monday afternoon
Kids Helped Vestal Believe in Himself
Twelve Nebraska student-athletes graduated Saturday at Pinnacle Bank Arena, including seven football players, three of whom are juggling the important event with fall camp workouts – Zaire Anderson, a