Big Red Extra Headlines
Huskers Ready for Purdue Game
- Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini said the Huskers “had a good week of practice” after Thursday’s 45-minute walkthrough at the Hawks Championship Center.
More Honors for Abdullah
- Ameer Abdullah’s record-setting game Saturday helped him earn a host of awards Monday. The Nebraska senior I-back ran a school record 341 all-purpose yards in his team’s 42-24 victory over Rutgers.
Nebraska-Purdue Kickoff at 2:30
- Nebraska’s home football game next Saturday against Purdue will be televised by ABC and will kick off at 2:30 p.m. CDT. In areas where the game is not televised by ABC, the game can be seen on ESPN2.
Huskers Slip to 17th in A-P Poll
- Nebraska slipped one spot to 17th in this week's Associated Press College Football Poll. The Huskers remained 16th in the USA Today/Coaches Poll.
Abdullah's Big Day Helps Huskers KO Knights 42-24
- Ameer Abdullah ran for 225 yards and three touchdowns and set a school record with 341 all-purpose yards, leading Nebraska to a 42-24 win over Rutgers Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
Alberts, Crouch on Hall of Fame Ballot
- The National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame announced the names on the 2015 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame on Wednesday, including 75 players and six coaches from the Football Bowl Subdivision and 87 players and 25 coaches from the divisional ranks. Nebraska's Trev Alberts and Eric Crouch are on the list.
Beck Breaks Silence and Speaks to Media
- Offensive coordinator Tim Beck addressed the media following practice, mentioning that the Huskers have been working on the little things since the Huskers’ last game Oct. 4 at Michigan State.
"Clap-Gate" Between Spartans and Huskers
- You might call it " Clap-Gate ".
Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini and Michigan State Mark Dantonio had a difference of opinion about Spartan defensive players clapping, when Nebraska was on offense.
Nebraska to Play Oregon in 2016 & 2017
- The Nebraska Cornhuskers Monday announced some changes in the football schedules for future seasons. They include match-ups against Oregon in 2016 and 2017.
Coach Sees Good Progress for Huskers
- Head Coach Bo Pelini says the Huskers are "making some good progress" as the clock ticks down toward the season kickoff against Wyoming on August 31.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
70 Years Later, Nebraska Will Honor WWII Hero
Nebraska Saturday honors one of the longest overdue heroes in the 91-year history of Memorial Stadium. Donald Kenneth Schwab was a 1st lieutenant in the U.S. Army during World War II. A native of
Dorsey-Like Collins Earns Team’s Top Honor
Thursday, one of Nebraska's most talented players transitioned from relative obscurity to a centerpiece of respect from his head coach. "Maliek Collins reminds me of a player I coached at LSU big
Pelini Praises D-Line Heading into Purdue Game
Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini said the Huskers "had a good week of practice" after Thursday's 45-minute walkthrough at the Hawks Championship Center.
The N-Sider's Five Favorite Bo Pelini Quotes
In life, there are times when you say less, you say more. In football, there are times when you can achieve more when you practice less. At least that's the case with Nebraska this year, and Bo Pelini
Nebraska Scores Well in GSR Report
Five Nebraska teams achieved perfect scores in the Graduation Success Rate (GSR) report released on Tuesday by the NCAA.