Big Red Extra Headlines
More Honors for Abdullah
- Ameer Abdullah’s record-setting game Saturday helped him earn a host of awards Monday. The Nebraska senior I-back ran a school record 341 all-purpose yards in his team’s 42-24 victory over Rutgers.
Nebraska-Purdue Kickoff at 2:30
- Nebraska’s home football game next Saturday against Purdue will be televised by ABC and will kick off at 2:30 p.m. CDT. In areas where the game is not televised by ABC, the game can be seen on ESPN2.
Huskers Slip to 17th in A-P Poll
- Nebraska slipped one spot to 17th in this week's Associated Press College Football Poll. The Huskers remained 16th in the USA Today/Coaches Poll.
Abdullah's Big Day Helps Huskers KO Knights 42-24
- Ameer Abdullah ran for 225 yards and three touchdowns and set a school record with 341 all-purpose yards, leading Nebraska to a 42-24 win over Rutgers Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
Huskers Prepared for Saturday’s Challenge
- The Nebraska football team held a 45-minute walkthrough on Thursday afternoon in the Hawks Championship Center in preparations for Saturday’s matchup against Rutgers.
Alberts, Crouch on Hall of Fame Ballot
- The National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame announced the names on the 2015 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame on Wednesday, including 75 players and six coaches from the Football Bowl Subdivision and 87 players and 25 coaches from the divisional ranks. Nebraska's Trev Alberts and Eric Crouch are on the list.
Beck Breaks Silence and Speaks to Media
- Offensive coordinator Tim Beck addressed the media following practice, mentioning that the Huskers have been working on the little things since the Huskers’ last game Oct. 4 at Michigan State.
"Clap-Gate" Between Spartans and Huskers
- You might call it " Clap-Gate ".
Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini and Michigan State Mark Dantonio had a difference of opinion about Spartan defensive players clapping, when Nebraska was on offense.
Huskers Ready for Michigan State
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, noting the challenges of the Spartan offense including quarterback Connor Cook who has thrown for 837 yards, while completing 69 percent of his passes this season.
Nebraska to Play Oregon in 2016 & 2017
- The Nebraska Cornhuskers Monday announced some changes in the football schedules for future seasons. They include match-ups against Oregon in 2016 and 2017.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL