Big Red Extra Headlines
Alberts, Crouch on Hall of Fame Ballot
15 mins ago
- The National Football Foundation (NFF) & College Hall of Fame announced today the names on the 2015 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame, including 75 players and six coaches from the Football Bowl Subdivision and 87 players and 25 coaches from the divisional ranks.
NU Hands Out Blackshirts
- Sixteen members of the Husker D were awarded coveted Blackshirts before practice Tuesday.
Nebraska Second-Half Surge Sinks Northwestern
- Ameer Abdullah had four, one-yard touchdown runs and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. scored on a 16-yard reception, leading Nebraska to a 38-17 win at Northwestern Saturday night.
Huskers Ready to Roll After Bye Week
- Bo Pelini spoke to the media after practice on Thursday in preparation for Northwestern.
Nebraska Adds Akron to 2018 Football Schedule
- Nebraska has completed its 2018 non-conference football schedule with the addition of a home game against the University of Akron.
Beck Breaks Silence and Speaks to Media
- Offensive coordinator Tim Beck addressed the media following practice, mentioning that the Huskers have been working on the little things since the Huskers’ last game Oct. 4 at Michigan State.
"Clap-Gate" Between Spartans and Huskers
- You might call it " Clap-Gate ".
Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini and Michigan State Mark Dantonio had a difference of opinion about Spartan defensive players clapping, when Nebraska was on offense.
Huskers Ready for Michigan State
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, noting the challenges of the Spartan offense including quarterback Connor Cook who has thrown for 837 yards, while completing 69 percent of his passes this season.
Huskers Prepare for Spartans
- Michigan State has had one of the nation's top defenses in recent seasons, and no team has moved the ball better against it than Nebraska.The 19th-ranked Cornhuskers (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) hope the trend continues Saturday night when they meet the No. 10 Spartans .
Abdullah Leads Nation In Rushing
- For the third time in five weeks, Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned a Big Ten weekly honor, as the senior was chosen as the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Nebraska Hones the Art of Clearing Hurdles
Every college football team has hurdles to clear, handicaps to overcome and hardships to face. The key is to keep moving, keep improving and keep redefining yourself, and Nebraska did all of that
16 Huskers Awarded Blackshirts
Lincoln, Neb.- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for its Saturday morning Big Ten conference showdown with Rutgers Universit
Huskers Return Home to Face Rutgers
NU Hosts Rutgers Saturday on ESPN2 at 11 a.m.
Nebraska returns to Lincoln for the first time in four weeks on Saturday, as the Huskers play host to Big Ten newcomer Rutgers at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. CDT with the game televised by ESPN2.
Huskers Crush Cats in Second Half
No. 19 Nebraska needed no last-minute touchdown or Hail Mary this time. Instead, the Huskers got a dominant second-half defensive effort and a career-high four touchdowns from Ameer Abdullah in a 38-17 win at Ryan Field Saturday night.