Big Red Extra Headlines
Big 10 Honors Husker Freshman
48 mins ago
- For the second straight week, a Husker earned the Big Ten’s top special teams’ accolade, as freshman De’Mornay Pierson-El was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week Monday morning.
Nebraska Creeps Back Into Top 25
- After a brief disappearance, the 3-0 Huskers are back in the top 25 following their victory over Fresno State Saturday night. NU is 24th in The Associated Press media poll and 22nd in the USA Today coaches poll released on Sunday.
Huskers Put On Late Show, 55-19 Over Fresno State
- Tommy Armstrong Jr. threw a 70-yard touchdown pass on the fourth play from scrimmage and Ameer Abdullah scored on a 57-yard run on Nebraska's next play to lead the Huskers to a 55-19 win at Fresno State Saturday night.
Huskers Ready for Fresno State
- Head Coach Bo Pelini addressed the media following practice, noting that the Huskers will head out to Fresno after an early afternoon practice in Lincoln.
Huskers Prepare For Fresno State
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for the third game of the season with a 90-minute practice Tuesday afternoon at the Hawks Championship Center. The Huskers will travel to Fresno State this Saturday for the first away game of the season.
Coach Pelini Takes Blame for Close Win
- Bo Pelini's weekly news conference sounded more like a mea culpa.
The Nebraska coach spent all but a couple of his 28 minutes in front of the reporters Monday listing his team's deficiencies in its 31-24 win over McNeese State.
Abdullah Earns Paul Hornung Award
- Husker I-back Ameer Abdullah was one of four players around the nation named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll exemplifying their versatility on the field.
Foltz Named Big 10 Special team Player of the Week
- Nebraska punter Sam Foltz was honored for his performance against McNeese State on Saturday, as he was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week. It is the first time the Grand Island native has received the Big Ten honor, and marks the second straight week a Husker has received a Big Ten weekly award.
Randy Gregory Doubtful for McNeese St. Game
- Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory is doubtful for this week's game against McNeese State because of an injury to his left knee.
Gregory left the Florida Atlantic game after the Cornhuskers' first defensive series Saturday.
Big 10 Honors Abdullah
- I-back Ameer Abdullah was honored by the Big Ten Conference Monday, as he was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week.
Abdullah earned the award after rushing for a career-high 232 yards on 21 carries in a 55-7 win over Florida Atlantic on Saturday.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Bo on Going for 2, Recruiting, Special Teams
Welcome to the fourth 2014 installment of The N-Sider's Five Favorite Bo Pelini Quotes. It's a doozy because it integrates Bo Pelini, Nebraska's current head football coach, with Tom Osborne, the guy
Huskers Prepare for Hurricanes
Huskers and Hurricanes Meet Under the Lights
Two of college football's most dominant programs meet for the first time in more than a decade on Saturday when Nebraska plays host to the Miami Hurricanes at Memorial Stadium. The matchup will be nationally televised on ESPN2 with kickoff set for shortly after 7 p.m. CDT.
Pierson-El Receives Big Ten Honor
For the second straight week, a Husker earned the Big Ten's top special teams' accolade, as freshman De'Mornay Pierson-El was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week Monday morning.
Hail to the Media: Pivotal Insight from Fresno
Take it from someone who spent nearly two decades working among Nebraska's media. Covering Big Red football isn't easy, and this state is blessed to have multiple outlets that serve the daily digital