Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Second-Half Surge Sinks Northwestern
- Ameer Abdullah had four, one-yard touchdown runs and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. scored on a 16-yard reception, leading Nebraska to a 38-17 win at Northwestern Saturday night.
Huskers Ready to Roll After Bye Week
- Bo Pelini spoke to the media after practice on Thursday in preparation for Northwestern.
Nebraska Adds Akron to 2018 Football Schedule
- Nebraska has completed its 2018 non-conference football schedule with the addition of a home game against the University of Akron.
Beck Breaks Silence and Speaks to Media
- Offensive coordinator Tim Beck addressed the media following practice, mentioning that the Huskers have been working on the little things since the Huskers’ last game Oct. 4 at Michigan State.
"Clap-Gate" Between Spartans and Huskers
- You might call it " Clap-Gate ".
Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini and Michigan State Mark Dantonio had a difference of opinion about Spartan defensive players clapping, when Nebraska was on offense.
Huskers Ready for Michigan State
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, noting the challenges of the Spartan offense including quarterback Connor Cook who has thrown for 837 yards, while completing 69 percent of his passes this season.
Huskers Prepare for Spartans
- Michigan State has had one of the nation's top defenses in recent seasons, and no team has moved the ball better against it than Nebraska.The 19th-ranked Cornhuskers (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) hope the trend continues Saturday night when they meet the No. 10 Spartans .
Abdullah Leads Nation In Rushing
- For the third time in five weeks, Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned a Big Ten weekly honor, as the senior was chosen as the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
Huskers Prepare for Illinois
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, mentioning that the overall defensive maturity has been the thing that he has been most impressed with so far this season.
Gregory Named Lott Impact Player of the Week
- Nebraska Defensive End Randy Gregory has been named the WK 4 Lott IMPACT Player of the Week.The 6-6, 240-pound junior from Fishers, Indiana had two sacks (25 yards lost), forced a fumble, two quarterback hurries and seven total tackles against Miami.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Huskers Return Home to Face Rutgers
NU Hosts Rutgers Saturday on ESPN2 at 11 a.m.
Nebraska returns to Lincoln for the first time in four weeks on Saturday, as the Huskers play host to Big Ten newcomer Rutgers at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. CDT with the game televised by ESPN2.
Huskers Crush Cats in Second Half
No. 19 Nebraska needed no last-minute touchdown or Hail Mary this time. Instead, the Huskers got a dominant second-half defensive effort and a career-high four touchdowns from Ameer Abdullah in a 38-17 win at Ryan Field Saturday night.
Alabama Family Honors Berringer Legacy
Russ Garrett lives in Birmingham, Alabama, the same city that gave Nebraska one of its greatest football gifts, Ameer Abdullah. Russ Rolls with The Tide but his son is named after a Nebraska legend
NU Announces Addition to 2018 Schedule
Nebraska has completed its 2018 non-conference football schedule with the addition of a home game against the University of Akron.