Big Red Extra Headlines
Huskers Prepare for Spartans
- Michigan State has had one of the nation's top defenses in recent seasons, and no team has moved the ball better against it than Nebraska.The 19th-ranked Cornhuskers (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) hope the trend continues Saturday night when they meet the No. 10 Spartans .
Abdullah Leads Nation In Rushing
- For the third time in five weeks, Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned a Big Ten weekly honor, as the senior was chosen as the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
Huskers Take Big Ten Opener 45-14
- Ameer Abdullah ran for 208 yards and three touchdowns and Imani Cross added a career-high 109 yards and a TD as Nebraska defeated Illinois 45-14 Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.
Huskers Ready for Illini in Big Ten Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their Saturday night Big Ten opener with the Illinois Fighting Illini on Thursday afternoon.
Huskers Prepare for Illinois
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, mentioning that the overall defensive maturity has been the thing that he has been most impressed with so far this season.
Gregory Named Lott Impact Player of the Week
- Nebraska Defensive End Randy Gregory has been named the WK 4 Lott IMPACT Player of the Week.The 6-6, 240-pound junior from Fishers, Indiana had two sacks (25 yards lost), forced a fumble, two quarterback hurries and seven total tackles against Miami.
Wes Lunt Leads Illinois Offense
- Four games into the season, Illinois has seen two very different Wes Lunts at quarterback.There's the first-half Lunt who struggles to get the offense going for the Illini (3-1). And then there's the second-half Lunt who has engineered three comeback wins.
Boyd Epley Returns to Nebraska
- The University of Nebraska Athletics Department announced the hiring of Boyd Epley as Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning. Epley will oversee the strength and conditioning staff and programs of all Husker athletic programs except football .
Huskers Prepare for Miami
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, showing a great deal of respect to the athletic Hurricanes.
“They have a lot of weapons at every skilled position, they have guys that can take it to the house every time they touch the ball.”
Big 10 Honors Husker Freshman
- For the second straight week, a Husker earned the Big Ten’s top special teams’ accolade, as freshman De’Mornay Pierson-El was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week Monday morning.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
The N-Sider’s Five Favorite Bo Pelini Quotes
Welcome to the biggest week of the football season for Nebraska. It's such a rush, I've decided to feature the top four of my Five Favorite Bo Pelini Quotes on the offensive side of the ball. Why?
Huskers Focus on Road Battle with Spartans
Huskers Face Spartans in Primetime Showdown
Nebraska takes to the road for the first time in Big Ten Conference play, traveling to East Lansing, Mich., to battle defending Big Ten champion Michigan State on Saturday. The game will be televised nationally on ABC, with kickoff set for shortly after 8 p.m. ET in East Lansing.
Abdullah Runs Away with Big Ten Honor
For the third time in five weeks, Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned a Big Ten weekly honor, as the senior was chosen as the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
Ameer’s Band Wagon Picking up Passengers
Bo Pelini is a smart football coach and perhaps an even smarter man. Even though Ameer Abdullah likely could have padded his Heisman Trophy resume even more Saturday night in Lincoln, Pelini applied