Big Red Extra Headlines
Huskers Closing In On Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparation for Saturday's season opener on Thursday with a one-hour walk-through inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Tommy's Time to Shine
- After a year of splitting reps with Ron Kellogg III, it is time for Tommy Armstrong to take the reins.
Huskers Inch Closer to Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their season opening game versus Florida Atlantic Tuesday afternoon, as the Huskers practiced for just less than two hours at the Hawks Championship Center and outside on the Ed and Joyanne Gass practice fields.
Memorial Stadium Improvement Project
- As the 2014 Nebraska Football season kicks off this upcoming Saturday against Florida Atlantic, the Nebraska Athletic Department is excited to unveil the many fan experience improvements that have been made within Memorial Stadium this past summer.
Huskers Name Five Co-Captains
- Nebraska announced Monday that five seniors have been selected as captains for the 2014 season.The group includes I-back Ameer Abdullah, receiver Kenny Bell and offensive guard Jake Cotton, cornerback Josh Mitchell and safety Corey Cooper.
Abdullah Ready for Senior Season
- Ameer Abdullah is in position to become the first Nebraska player to record three 1,000-yard rushing seasons. Not that it's a primary goal for him."Probably like 49th on my list," Abdullah said Monday. "Win is like one through 38. And then you've got championship 39 through 47."
Fall Camp Ends, First-Game Preparations Start Monday
- The Huskers concluded week three of fall camp with a situational walk-through for just over an hour at Memorial Stadium Saturday afternoon.
Ohio State Quarterback Out for Season
- Ohio State says quarterback Braxton Miller will miss the 2014 season after reinjuring his throwing shoulder.Miller, a two-time Big Ten player of the year, left practice in pain Monday after making a throw.
Ohio State said Tuesday Miller will require surgery.
Ryker Fyfe is Husker Backup Quarterback
- Nebraska's Ryker Fyfe has turned his frustration over being a walk-on into positive energy.To the surprise of many, but certainly not Fyfe, the redshirt sophomore has passed heralded 2013 recruit Johnny Stanton on his way to the No. 2 quarterback's job.
Nebraska AD Supports Coach Pelini
- Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst did his part Wednesday to cool any speculation about coach Bo Pelini entering the season on the hot seat.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL