Big Red Extra Headlines
Randy Gregory Doubtful for McNeese St. Game
Updated: 4:35 PM
- Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory is doubtful for this week's game against McNeese State because of an injury to his left knee.
Gregory left the Florida Atlantic game after the Cornhuskers' first defensive series Saturday.
Big 10 Honors Abdullah
Updated: 4:32 PM
- I-back Ameer Abdullah was honored by the Big Ten Conference Monday, as he was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week.
Abdullah earned the award after rushing for a career-high 232 yards on 21 carries in a 55-7 win over Florida Atlantic on Saturday.
Huskers Cruise In Opener 55-7
- Ameer Abdullah ran for a career-high 232 yards, Tommy Armstrong Jr. passed for a career-high 271 yards and two touchdowns as Nebraska defeated Florida Atlantic 55-7 Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
Huskers Closing In On Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparation for Saturday's season opener on Thursday with a one-hour walk-through inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Tommy's Time to Shine
- After a year of splitting reps with Ron Kellogg III, it is time for Tommy Armstrong to take the reins.
Huskers Inch Closer to Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their season opening game versus Florida Atlantic Tuesday afternoon, as the Huskers practiced for just less than two hours at the Hawks Championship Center and outside on the Ed and Joyanne Gass practice fields.
Memorial Stadium Improvement Project
- As the 2014 Nebraska Football season kicks off this upcoming Saturday against Florida Atlantic, the Nebraska Athletic Department is excited to unveil the many fan experience improvements that have been made within Memorial Stadium this past summer.
Huskers Name Five Co-Captains
- Nebraska announced Monday that five seniors have been selected as captains for the 2014 season.The group includes I-back Ameer Abdullah, receiver Kenny Bell and offensive guard Jake Cotton, cornerback Josh Mitchell and safety Corey Cooper.
Abdullah Ready for Senior Season
- Ameer Abdullah is in position to become the first Nebraska player to record three 1,000-yard rushing seasons. Not that it's a primary goal for him."Probably like 49th on my list," Abdullah said Monday. "Win is like one through 38. And then you've got championship 39 through 47."
Ohio State Quarterback Out for Season
- Ohio State says quarterback Braxton Miller will miss the 2014 season after reinjuring his throwing shoulder.Miller, a two-time Big Ten player of the year, left practice in pain Monday after making a throw.
Ohio State said Tuesday Miller will require surgery.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Huskers Discuss Clash with Cowboys
Pre-McNeese State Press Conference Quotes
No. 22 Huskers Host Cowboys on ESPNU at 11 a.m.
Nebraska stays at home for week two of the 2014 season, taking on the McNeese State Cowboys on Saturday at Memorial Stadium. Game time in Lincoln is set for 11 a.m. CDT, with the contest televised nationally on ESPNU.
Abdullah Earns Big Ten Honor
I-back Ameer Abdullah was honored by the Big Ten Conference Monday, as he was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week
Tradition, Goose Bumps and Front-Row Seats
A new era of Nebraska football tradition unveiled itself Saturday in the Cornhuskers' 55-7 mastery of Florida Atlantic that featured 784 yards of Husker total offense, a figure that may rank only
Huskers Soar Past Owls
Senior running back Ameer Abdullah sprinted for a career-high 232 yards, while Kenny Bell and Jordan Westerkamp each added 100-yard receiving games, as No. 22 Nebraska rolled to a 55-7 victory over Florida Atlantic Saturday at Memorial Stadium.