Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Cancels Hurricane Warning 41-31
- Husker Heisman hopeful Ameer Abdullah carried Nebraska to victory over an old nemesis with the biggest all-purpose yardage total of his career as the Big Red battled to a 41-31 win over Miami (Fla.) Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.
Husker Kicker Injured In Motorcycle Accident
- Husker kicker Mauro Bondi broke his collarbone in a motorcycle accident in Lincoln Thursday evening.
Huskers Head into Showdown with Miami
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their Saturday night showdown with the Miami Hurricanes on Thursday afternoon, as the Huskers conducted a 50-minute walk-thru inside of the Hawks Championship Center.
Huskers Prepare for Miami
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, showing a great deal of respect to the athletic Hurricanes.
“They have a lot of weapons at every skilled position, they have guys that can take it to the house every time they touch the ball.”
Big 10 Honors Husker Freshman
- For the second straight week, a Husker earned the Big Ten’s top special teams’ accolade, as freshman De’Mornay Pierson-El was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week Monday morning.
Huskers Prepare For Fresno State
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for the third game of the season with a 90-minute practice Tuesday afternoon at the Hawks Championship Center. The Huskers will travel to Fresno State this Saturday for the first away game of the season.
Coach Pelini Takes Blame for Close Win
- Bo Pelini's weekly news conference sounded more like a mea culpa.
The Nebraska coach spent all but a couple of his 28 minutes in front of the reporters Monday listing his team's deficiencies in its 31-24 win over McNeese State.
Abdullah Earns Paul Hornung Award
- Husker I-back Ameer Abdullah was one of four players around the nation named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll exemplifying their versatility on the field.
Foltz Named Big 10 Special team Player of the Week
- Nebraska punter Sam Foltz was honored for his performance against McNeese State on Saturday, as he was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week. It is the first time the Grand Island native has received the Big Ten honor, and marks the second straight week a Husker has received a Big Ten weekly award.
Randy Gregory Doubtful for McNeese St. Game
- Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory is doubtful for this week's game against McNeese State because of an injury to his left knee.
Gregory left the Florida Atlantic game after the Cornhuskers' first defensive series Saturday.
More Big Red Extra Headlines
Nebraska Football News from UNL
Huskers Open Big Ten Play by Hosting Illinois
Nebraska opens Big Ten Conference play on Saturday night, taking on Illinois in a West Division matchup at Memorial Stadium. The game, which will mark Homecoming in Lincoln, is set for an 8 p.m. kickoff at Memorial Stadium and will be televised by BTN.
Abdullah Named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week
Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned Big Ten weekly honors for the second time this season on Monday.
A Heisman Portrait in Ameer-iad of Pictures
Saturday night presented a myriad of Nebraska coaches, players, and fans connecting the present with the past, and the best thing about scrambling Cornhuskers and pouring Hurricanes into a Sunday
Abdullah Carries Big Red Past 'Canes
Husker Heisman hopeful Ameer Abdullah carried No. 24 Nebraska to victory over an old nemesis with the biggest all-purpose yardage total of his career, as the Big Red battled to a 41-31 win over Miami at Memorial Stadium on Saturday night.
BTN: ‘Unbeaten: The Life of Brook Berringer’
Saturday Night Live in Lincoln features Nebraska and Miami on center stage and ESPN2 zeroing in on all kinds of sideshows that reflect Big Red tradition ... the 1994 national championship team reunion