Headlines From The Sports Machine
Abdullah Leads Nation In Rushing
- For the third time in five weeks, Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned a Big Ten weekly honor, as the senior was chosen as the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
Huskers Inch Up Two Places In Polls
- The Huskers moved up two spots in both The Associated Press and USA Today college football polls released Sunday.
Creighton Sweeps Xavier
- Creighton won its fourth straight, 25-22, 25-12, 25-16, over Xavier Sunday afternoon at D.J. Sokol Arena.
St. John's Shades Bluejays 1-0
- Marisa Ammaturo's goal at 35:27 held up as St. John's blanked Creighton 1-0 Sunday afternoon at Morrison Stadium.
Kansas Fires Charlie Weis
- Kansas coach Charlie Weis was fired on Sunday, four games into his third season as head coach with the downtrodden program languishing again at the bottom of the Big 12.
Huskers Take Big Ten Opener 45-14
- Ameer Abdullah ran for 208 yards and three touchdowns and Imani Cross added a career-high 109 yards and a TD as Nebraska defeated Illinois 45-14 Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.
Iowa Gets By Purdue 24-10
- Iowa spotted Purdue a 10-0 lead, then dominated the final 49 minutes, rallying for a 24-10 Big Ten opening win Saturday afternoon in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Baylor Beats Iowa State 49-28
- Bryce Petty threw for 336 yards and a touchdown and ran for a pair of touchdowns as seventh-ranked Baylor cruised past Iowa State 49-28 in its Big 12 opener Saturday night in Ames.
Huskers Ready for Illini in Big Ten Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their Saturday night Big Ten opener with the Illinois Fighting Illini on Thursday afternoon.
Huskers Prepare for Illinois
- Defensive coordinator John Papuchis met with media members after practice, mentioning that the overall defensive maturity has been the thing that he has been most impressed with so far this season.
Gregory Named Lott Impact Player of the Week
- Nebraska Defensive End Randy Gregory has been named the WK 4 Lott IMPACT Player of the Week.The 6-6, 240-pound junior from Fishers, Indiana had two sacks (25 yards lost), forced a fumble, two quarterback hurries and seven total tackles against Miami.
Wes Lunt Leads Illinois Offense
- Four games into the season, Illinois has seen two very different Wes Lunts at quarterback.There's the first-half Lunt who struggles to get the offense going for the Illini (3-1). And then there's the second-half Lunt who has engineered three comeback wins.
Creighton Wins Big East Opener
- The Creighton Volleyball team played like the preseason favorite in the BIG EAST that they are in a 3-0 road win at Georgetown on Tuesday night.
Boyd Epley Returns to Nebraska
- The University of Nebraska Athletics Department announced the hiring of Boyd Epley as Assistant Athletic Director for Strength and Conditioning. Epley will oversee the strength and conditioning staff and programs of all Husker athletic programs except football .
Ameer Abdullah Named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week
- Abdullah Named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah earned Big Ten weekly honors for the second time this season on Monday.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine