Randy Gregory Doubtful for McNeese St. Game
Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory is doubtful for this week's game against McNeese State because of an injury to his left knee.
Gregory left the Florida Atlantic game after the Cornhuskers' first defensive series Saturday.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Late Night Victory Gives Storm Chasers Fourth Consecutive Division Title
- The Omaha Storm Chasers are the champs once again. The team won the north division title early Monday morning at Werner Park.
Stanford Sweeps Huskers
- Seventh-ranked Nebraska was swept by No. 3 Stanford in the final game of the AVCA Showcase Sunday afternoon at the Devaney Center.
Nebraska Rallies From Two Down To Edge Marquette 3-2
- Down 2-0 in the second half, Nebraska rallied with three goals in the final 26 minutes to defeat Marquette 3-2 in Milwaukee Sunday afternoon.
Huskers Cruise In Opener 55-7
- Ameer Abdullah ran for a career-high 232 yards, Tommy Armstrong Jr. passed for a career-high 271 yards and two touchdowns as Nebraska defeated Florida Atlantic 55-7 Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
Hawkeyes Hold Off Northern Iowa 31-23
- Jake Rudock threw for 250 yards and two touchdowns as Iowa hung on to beat Northern Iowa 31-23 Saturday afternoon in Iowa City.
Cyclones Can't Stop Bison
- John Crockett ran for 138 yards and three touchdowns and FCS power North Dakota State opened the season with its 25th straight victory, beating Iowa State 34-14 Saturday afternoon in Ames.
Kansas Stops Creighton 3-1
- Kansas saved two crucial set points in the second set en route to the Kansas Invitational title with a 3-1 win over Creighton Saturday afternoon in Lawrence.
Hosmer On Rehab Assignment In Omaha
- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer begins a rehab assignment in Omaha Saturday as the Storm Chasers host Colorado Springs.
#23 Creighton Volleyball Prevails Over Lipscomb
- The No. 23 Creighton Volleyball team opened up the 2014 season with a hard-fought 3-1 victory over Atlantic Sun Conference favorite Lipscomb on Friday morning at the Kansas Invitational.
Huskers Closing In On Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparation for Saturday's season opener on Thursday with a one-hour walk-through inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Tommy's Time to Shine
- After a year of splitting reps with Ron Kellogg III, it is time for Tommy Armstrong to take the reins.
Huskers Inch Closer to Season Opener
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their season opening game versus Florida Atlantic Tuesday afternoon, as the Huskers practiced for just less than two hours at the Hawks Championship Center and outside on the Ed and Joyanne Gass practice fields.
Alex Gordon Hits Game Winner
- Alex Gordon hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning, giving Kansas City a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Twins and helping the Royals avoid their first three-game skid since mid-July.
McDermott Wins Rupp Trophy
- Former Creighton men's basketball standout Doug McDermott had a productive Tuesday while returning to his alma mater.The recent first-round pick and current member of the Chicago Bulls started his afternoon by picking up the Adolph F. Rupp Trophy.
Memorial Stadium Improvement Project
- As the 2014 Nebraska Football season kicks off this upcoming Saturday against Florida Atlantic, the Nebraska Athletic Department is excited to unveil the many fan experience improvements that have been made within Memorial Stadium this past summer.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine