Headlines From The Sports Machine
Jays Blank Marquette 2-0
- The No. 10 Creighton men's soccer team blanked No. 24 Marquette 2-0 to secure a spot in the six-team BIG EAST Men’s Soccer Championship at Morrison Stadium Wednesday night.
KC Royals Force Game 7 with 10-0 Win
- Madison Bumgarner is ready to pitch in for Game 7.The biggest World Series ace of all plans to be in the bullpen Wednesday night, just in case the San Francisco Giants need him against the Kansas City Royals for an out or two.
More Honors for Abdullah
- Ameer Abdullah’s record-setting game Saturday helped him earn a host of awards Monday. The Nebraska senior I-back ran a school record 341 all-purpose yards in his team’s 42-24 victory over Rutgers.
Giants Take Lead in World Series
- Madison Bumgarner smothered the Kansas City Royals for the second time in a week, pitching a four-hitter that led the San Francisco Giants to a 5-0 victory Sunday night and a 3-2 World Series lead.
Browning Leads Jays to Win
- Kelli Browning had 13 kills and became the 10th player in Creighton history to reach 1,000 career kills in a 3-0 win over DePaul on Sunday afternoon in Omaha.
Wisconsin Sweeps Huskers
- The 14th-ranked Nebraska volleyball team dropped a 3-0 match at No. 5 Wisconsin on Sunday evening, 19-25, 21-25, 18-25, at the UW Field House.
Nebraska-Purdue Kickoff at 2:30
- Nebraska’s home football game next Saturday against Purdue will be televised by ABC and will kick off at 2:30 p.m. CDT. In areas where the game is not televised by ABC, the game can be seen on ESPN2.
Huskers Slip to 17th in A-P Poll
- Nebraska slipped one spot to 17th in this week's Associated Press College Football Poll. The Huskers remained 16th in the USA Today/Coaches Poll.
Oral Roberts Defeats Mavs In Overtime
- The UNO women’s soccer team dropped its first conference match of the season 2-1 in double overtime to Oral Roberts on Sunday afternoon at Caniglia Field.
South Dakota Sweeps UNO
- The UNO volleyball team finished off its weekend roadtrip on Sunday afternoon, falling 3-0 (22-25, 23-25, 20-25) to South Dakota at the DakotaDome. The Mavericks are now 9-14 (4-6 Summit League) on the season, while the Coyotes are 14-9 (8-2 Summit League).
Ohio State Downs Huskers 3-1
- The Nebraska soccer team scored first against Ohio State at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium on Sunday afternoon, but a strong Buckeye performance over the last 15 minutes led to a 3-1 loss for the Huskers.
Abdullah's Big Day Helps Huskers KO Knights 42-24
- Ameer Abdullah ran for 225 yards and three touchdowns and set a school record with 341 all-purpose yards, leading Nebraska to a 42-24 win over Rutgers Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
No. 2 Creighton Soccer Falls 1-0 to No. 17 Georgetown
- The No. 2 Creighton men's soccer team fell 1-0 to No. 17 Georgetown at Morrison Stadium Saturday night.
KC Royals Take 2-1 Lead in World Series
- Jeremy Guthrie pitched shutout ball into the sixth inning, Lorenzo Cain drove in an early run off Tim Hudson and made a pair of nifty catches, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 3-2 Friday night to take a 2-1 World Series lead.
Storm Chaser Fans Living Vicariously Through Royals
- When the Omaha baseball team moved from Rosenblatt to Werner, Bob Lepp gladly went with them. A season ticket holder since 2001, and a fan for a lot longer than that, Lepp has stayed with the team through the good times and the bad - mostly the bad.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine