Huskers Prepared for Saturday’s Challenge
The Nebraska football team held a 45-minute walkthrough on Thursday afternoon in the Hawks Championship Center in preparations for Saturday’s matchup against Rutgers.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Creighton Picked to Finish Ninth
- The Creighton men's basketball team has been picked to finish ninth in a preseason poll of BIG EAST coaches.
Royals Drop Game One
- Madison Bumganer took a two-hit shutout into the seventh inning, Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer off James Shields in a three-run first and the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 7-1 in Tuesday night's World Series opener.
NU Hands Out Blackshirts
- Sixteen members of the Husker D were awarded coveted Blackshirts before practice Tuesday.
McDermott Explains Northwestern Video
- Doug McDermott caused a stir when he showed up on the Northwestern video board to pump up the Wildcat fans on Saturday night. Ross Jernstrom caught up with the former Creighton star for an explanation.
Herbers Named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week
- Creighton men's soccer sophomore Fabian Herbers earned BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week honors, the conference office announced Monday.
Massa Named NCHC Goaltender of the Week
- Senior Ryan Massa was named the NCHC’s Goaltender of the Week for his work in the Omaha hockey team’s two wins at Western Michigan last weekend.
Browning Named BIG EAST Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week
- Creighton senior Kelli Browning has been named BIG EAST Defensive Volleyball Player of the Week, the league announced on Monday afternoon.
White Team Takes Series Opener
- The Red squad jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first inning, but the Whites scored 12 runs over the final three innings on their way to a 13-8 victory in the opening game of NU’s Red-White Series.
Creighton Volleyball Rolls Past Friars; Moves Into Tie For First Place
- Lauren Smith tied a BIG EAST record for hitting percentage to help the Creighton Volleyball team move into a tie for first place in the league standings with a dominant 3-0 win over Providence.
Nebraska Second-Half Surge Sinks Northwestern
- Ameer Abdullah had four, one-yard touchdown runs and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. scored on a 16-yard reception, leading Nebraska to a 38-17 win at Northwestern Saturday night.
Creighton, Xavier Battle To 1-1 Draw
- The No. 6 Creighton men's soccer team held on to first place in the BIG EAST after it battled Xavier to a 1-1 draw at the Musketeers’ XU Soccer Complex Saturday night.
Huskers Come Up Short Against Illinois
- The No. 13 Nebraska volleyball team fell to No. 15 Illinois ( at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Saturday afternoon.
Husker Fans Hope To Fill Stadium At Northwestern
- Fans are flocking to the Windy City for the Huskers game with Northwestern Saturday evening.
Creighton Basketball Squads Showcase One-Point Decisions at Bluejay Madness
- In front of a standing room only crowd at D.J. Sokol Arena, the Creighton men's and women's basketball teams celebrated the beginning of their 2014-15 seasons with Bluejay Madness.
Creighton Volleyball Sweeps St. John's
- Spurred on by the play of senior Michelle Sicner, the Creighton Volleyball team blazed past St. John's in straight sets on Friday, Oct. 17.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine