Huskers Head into Showdown with Miami
Posted: 10:06 PM
The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for their Saturday night showdown with the Miami Hurricanes on Thursday afternoon, as the Huskers conducted a 50-minute walk-thru inside of the Hawks Championship Center.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Nebraska Creeps Back Into Top 25
- After a brief disappearance, the 3-0 Huskers are back in the top 25 following their victory over Fresno State Saturday night. NU is 24th in The Associated Press media poll and 22nd in the USA Today coaches poll released on Sunday.
Bluejays Keep Rolling
- Alyssa Jara scored twice to power Creighton past South Dakota 3-1 Sunday afternoon in Vermillion.
Illinois Blanks NU
- Illinois goalkeeper Claire Wheatley stopped all three shots on goal to help defeat Nebraska 3-0 Sunday afternoon in Lincoln.
Huskers Put On Late Show, 55-19 Over Fresno State
- Tommy Armstrong Jr. threw a 70-yard touchdown pass on the fourth play from scrimmage and Ameer Abdullah scored on a 57-yard run on Nebraska's next play to lead the Huskers to a 55-19 win at Fresno State Saturday night.
Cyclones Nip Hawkeyes 20-17
- Cole Netten hit a 42-yard field goal with :02 left and Iowa State rallied to beat Iowa 20-17 Saturday afternoon for the Cyclones first win of the season.
Storm Chasers Force Deciding Fifth Game
- The Storm Chasers used five home runs to even the 2014 Pacific Coast League Championship Series with Reno, winning 11-2 Saturday afternoon at Werner Park.
Aces Tie Up PCL Championship Series With Storm Chasers
- The Omaha Storm Chasers head back to Werner Park this Friday with the series tied at 1 game apiece in the Pacific Coast League Championship.
Huskers Prepare For Fresno State
- The Nebraska football team continued its preparations for the third game of the season with a 90-minute practice Tuesday afternoon at the Hawks Championship Center. The Huskers will travel to Fresno State this Saturday for the first away game of the season.
Creighton Announces Big East Schedule
- The Creighton Bluejays will play each league school twice, beginning with a Dec. 31 road game at Providence and closing with a March 7 home game vs. Xavier.
Omaha Mammoths Set Schedule
- The FXFL, a new developmental league for professional football players, today released the full schedule for the 2014 regular season. The inaugural season of the FXFL, which features a six-week regular season format, will kick off on Wednesday, October 8th.
Coach Pelini Takes Blame for Close Win
- Bo Pelini's weekly news conference sounded more like a mea culpa.
The Nebraska coach spent all but a couple of his 28 minutes in front of the reporters Monday listing his team's deficiencies in its 31-24 win over McNeese State.
Abdullah Earns Paul Hornung Award
- Husker I-back Ameer Abdullah was one of four players around the nation named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll exemplifying their versatility on the field.
Foltz Named Big 10 Special team Player of the Week
- Nebraska punter Sam Foltz was honored for his performance against McNeese State on Saturday, as he was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week. It is the first time the Grand Island native has received the Big Ten honor, and marks the second straight week a Husker has received a Big Ten weekly award.
NCAA Lifts Postseason Ban on Penn State
- The NCAA has lifted the on-the-field sanctions placed on the Penn State football team for the Jerry Sandusky scandal, including immediately eliminating the postseason ban and restoring scholarships.
Creighton Defeats Cincinnati 3-0
- With sophomore Fabian Herbers and junior Timo Pitter at the helm, the Creighton men's soccer breezed past Cincinnati 3-0 on Sunday, Sept. 7.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine