Omaha North Wins State Title 41-0
All-time state rushing leader Calvin Strong ran for 286 yards and three touchdowns, and No. 1 Omaha North limited No. 3 Omaha Creighton Prep to 128 total yards while winning its second straight Class A championship with a 41-0 victory Monday night.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Bluejays Win Fourth Straight
- Isaiah Zierden scored 20 points to lead Creighton over North Carolina Central 65-45 Sunday afternoon at CenturyLink Center Omaha.
Huskers Fall Off The Charts
- After two straight losses, Nebraska dropped out of The Associated Press and USA Today top 25 polls released on Sunday.
Another Lead Slips Away, Huskers Fall 28-24
- Nebraska only trailed for the game's final 3:25, but the Huskers' last drive ended on a turnover inside the Minnesota 5-yard line as the Golden Gophers escaped from Memorial Stadium Saturday afternoon with a 28-24 win.
Huskers Fall to Rhode Island in OT, 66-62
- Shavon Shields had 25 points and nine rebounds, but Jared Terrell scored six of his 12 points in overtime, lifting the Rams to a 66-62 win over No. 21 Nebraska Saturday night.
Husker Block Party Spurs Senior Night Sweep
- The No. 11 Nebraska volleyball team posted a 25-23, 25-20, 25-21 sweep against Michigan on Senior Night at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Saturday.
Creighton Sweeps Villanova to Claim Outright BIG EAST Title
- The Creighton women's volleyball team claimed the outright BIG EAST volleyball regular season title with a 3-0 sweep of Villanova on Friday, Nov. 21.
Huskers Focused on Senior Day Battle with Gophers
- The Nebraska football team held its weekly walkthrough on Thursday for 45 minutes inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Abdullah A Finalist For Paul Hornung Award
- Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah has been named one of five finalists for the Paul Hornung Award, given to college football's most versatile player.
Creighton Upsets #18 Oklahoma 65-63
- Zach Hanson caught Devin Brooks' air ball along the baseline and put it in the basket for the go-ahead points in the last minute, and Creighton came back from an 18-point deficit to upset No. 18 Oklahoma 65-63 on Wednesday night.
Nebraska Tops Central Arkansas 82-56
- Nebraska downed central Arkansas 82-56 on Tuesday night. Terran Petteway led the Huskers with 23 points.
Huskers Prepare for Minnesota
- Offensive Coordinator Tim Beck spoke with the media following practice. Beck said the Huskers will have their hands full offensively Saturday, as the Gophers have been very stingy on defense this season.
Creighton Downs South Dakota State 88-81
- Powered by 28 points off the bench, the Creighton women's basketball team ended South Dakota State's 22-game home winning streak with an 88-81 win on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
Nebraska-Iowa Kickoff at 11:00a.m.
- Nebraska's Nov. 28 game at Iowa will kick off at 11 am. The game will be nationally televised by ABC
Creighton Headed to NCAA Soccer Tournament
- The Creighton men’s soccer team earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the 22nd time in 23 seasons when pairings were announced on NCAA.com on Monday afternoon.
Petteway Named to Wooden Watch List
- Nebraska basketball standout Terran Petteway was tabbed for the Wooden Award Men's Preseason Top 50 Monday afternoon. Chosen by a preseason poll of national college basketball experts, the list is comprised of 50 student-athletes.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine