White Team Takes Series Opener
Posted: 9:06 PM
The Red squad jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first inning, but the Whites scored 12 runs over the final three innings on their way to a 13-8 victory in the opening game of NU’s Red-White Series.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Creighton Basketball Squads Showcase One-Point Decisions at Bluejay Madness
- In front of a standing room only crowd at D.J. Sokol Arena, the Creighton men's and women's basketball teams celebrated the beginning of their 2014-15 seasons with Bluejay Madness.
Creighton Volleyball Sweeps St. John's
- Spurred on by the play of senior Michelle Sicner, the Creighton Volleyball team blazed past St. John's in straight sets on Friday, Oct. 17.
Huskers Ready to Roll After Bye Week
- Bo Pelini spoke to the media after practice on Thursday in preparation for Northwestern.
Huskers Ranked 21st in Preseason Poll
- The Nebraska men’s basketball team broke into the USA Today preseason coaches’ poll released Thursday, as the Huskers were ranked 21st.
Nebraska Adds Akron to 2018 Football Schedule
- Nebraska has completed its 2018 non-conference football schedule with the addition of a home game against the University of Akron.
Theriot Earns Preseason All-Big Ten Honors
- Nebraska point guard Rachel Theriot earned preseason first-team All-Big Ten honors from conference coaches and media.
Pettaway Named to Preseason All-Big Ten Team
- Nebraska junior guard/forward Terran Petteway was honored Thursday morning, as he was chosen for the preseason All-Big Ten team.
Huskers Sweep Northwestern
- The No. 13 Nebraska volleyball team made quick work of Northwestern on "Pink Night," sweeping the Wildcats 3-0 on Wednesday at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.
Herbers Stuns St. John's With Late Goal
- Sophomore Fabian Herbers became St. John’s nemesis for a second straight year, converting a long free kick in the final minute to give the No. 6 Creighton men's soccer team a 1-0 victory at the Red Storm’s Belson Stadium Wednesday night.
Royals Advance To First World Series In 29 Years
- Greg Holland and the Kansas City Royals wrapped up a sweep of the AL Championship Series with a 2-1 victory on Wednesday.
All-Session Tickets for 2015 Big Ten Basketball Tournaments On Sale Monday
- All-session tickets for the 2015 Big Ten Women’s and Men’s Basketball Tournaments will go on sale to the general public on Monday, Oct. 20, at Noon CT.
Kaufmann Named Assistant of USA Junior Select Team
- Brian Kaufman has been chosen by USA Hockey as an assistant coach for the 2014 U.S. Junior Select Team
Big Red Tip-Off Set for Oct. 29
- The Nebraska Athletic Department invites fans to get their first look at the 2014-15 Husker men’s and women’s basketball programs, as the Huskers will host the Big Red Tip-Off at Pinnacle Bank Arena on Wednesday, Oct. 29.
Royals Edge Orioles 2-1
- Billy Butler drove in the go-ahead run in the sixth inning, and the Royals' bullpen shut down the Baltimore Orioles the rest of the way for a 2-1 victory Tuesday night that gave Kansas City a commanding 3-0 lead in the AL Championship Series.
Beck Breaks Silence and Speaks to Media
- Offensive coordinator Tim Beck addressed the media following practice, mentioning that the Huskers have been working on the little things since the Huskers’ last game Oct. 4 at Michigan State.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine