Lamb Leads Omaha's One-Hit Shutout
John Lamb and the Omaha Storm Chasers allowed just one hit to the Memphis Redbirds in a 5-0 win, the first one-hitter ever by Omaha at Werner Park.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Bo Sees Bright Red Season
- The Big 10 Media Days opened in Chicago Monday with Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini addressing issues ranging from Husker fans to his pet.
Abdullah and Gregory on Big 10 Watch List
- Husker football standouts Ameer Abdullah and Randy Gregory were named to the Big Ten preseason Players to Watch list Monday. The list is selected by a media panel and consists of five student-athletes each from the East Division and West Division.
Bour and Heaney Lead NOLA Past Omaha
- Justin Bour collected three hits, drove in four runs and scored twice to pace a 13-hit attack as New Orleans jumped out to a big early lead and hung on to defeat Omaha, 8-5.
Zephyrs Come Back to Sting Storm Chasers
- Juan Diaz hit the game-winning two-run home run to finish off a five-run eighth inning rally that vaulted New Orleans past Omaha, 8-7, Saturday night.
Chasers Claim Opener Over Zephyrs
- Jason Adam and Tim Collins combined for five hitless, scoreless innings in relief as Omaha outlasted New Orleans, 4-3, Friday night.
Big East Baseball Tournament Coming To TD Ameritrade Park
- The Big East Conference will hold its 2015 baseball tournament at Omaha's TD Ameritrade Park. The conference announced Friday that athletic directors had approved championship sites for 16 sports in 2014-15. The baseball tournament is set for May 21st-24th.
Clouse Becomes Oldest State Amateur Champion
- 54-year-old David Clouse became the oldest golfer to win the Nebraska Men's Amateur Championship on Thursday.
Clouse shot a final round of 66 at the Norfolk Country Club. The golfer from Friend, Nebraska ended up at 13-under-par.
Doug McDermott Signs Contract with Bulls
- The Chicago Bulls say they have signed Doug McDermott, their first-round draft pick and last season's college player of the year. Terms of the deal involving the 6-foot-8 forward from Creighton weren't released.
Creighton's Chatman Has Thumb Surgery
- Rising Creighton men's basketball senior Austin Chatman will undergo surgery today as doctors reattach the radial collateral ligament in his right thumb. Despite the minor setback, Chatman is expected to be back well before the Bluejays open season on Nov. 14th.
NABC Honors Shields
- Nebraska basketball players Shavon Shields and Trevor Menke were recognized for their efforts in the classroom Monday, as both players were named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Honors Court.
Two Jays Honored by NABC
- Two members of the 2013-14 Creighton men's basketball team have been named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches Honors Court. The NABC honored Geoffrey Groselle and Ethan Wragge.
Greater Omaha Golf Championship is Next Month
- The Greater Omaha Golf Championship will be played on August 9th & 10th at the Dodge Riverside Golf Club in Council Bluffs. The entry fee is $120. For more information: Dodge Riverside Golf Club - 712.328.4660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nebraska Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014
- Three former all-conference offensive linemen headlined by All-American and 12-year NFL veteran Russ Hochstein join Nebraska’s all-time leading tackler Barrett Ruud in a group of four Huskers being inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame.
Smithsonian Baseball Exhibit Coming to St. Paul
- The free sports-themed exhibit, “Hometown Teams” is scheduled to open at the St. Paul Public Library, 1301 Howard Avenue in St. Paul, on Sunday July 13. This traveling exhibit is presented by Humanities Nebraska in partnership with the Smithsonian Institution.
Uplifting Athletes Road Race Set for Sunday
- Runners can now register to be a part of the second Nebraska Football Uplifting Athletes Road Race. The event is set for Sunday, July 20, and includes both a one-mile fun run and a competitive 5K race.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine