Intrastate Softball Game Canceled
Due to poor field conditions, the Creighton and No. 19 Nebraska softball teams agreed this afternoon to cancel the game scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday night at the CU Sports Complex.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Mavericks Blast Braves 11-6 To Complete Sweep
- The Mavericks completed a weekend sweep over Bradley with an 11-6 win Sunday afternoon in Peoria.
Huskers Avoid Sweep With 10-9 Win
- The Huskers trailed 8-2 after the top of the fourth, but fought back and rallied from a deficit of six or more of the first time since March 30, 2010.
Huskers Drop First Game Of Doubleheader 3-2
- Nebraska dropped the second of its three-game series to Northwestern, losing game one of Saturday's doubleheader in Lincoln 3-2.
Creighton Blanks Villanova 4-0
- Matt Warren tossed seven shutout innings to improve to 8-0 and the bullpen did its job in a 4-0 Creighton win at Villanova Saturday afternoon.
Herold Breaks Record As UNO Shuts Out Bradley 7-0
- Bob Herold became the winningest coach in UNO baseball history Saturday with the Mavericks' 7-0 win at Bradley.
Huskers Finish Sixth at NCAA Championships
- The Nebraska women’s gymnastics team posted a score of 196.500 Saturday evening to finish sixth overall at the Super Six Finals of the 2014 NCAA Championships.
Hawkeyes Recruiting Coordinator Leaves Program
- Iowa recruiting coordinator Eric Johnson is leaving the program after 15 seasons with the Hawkeyes. Coach Kirk Ferentz announced Johnson's sudden departure on Saturday, saying he left to pursue a career opportunity outside of football.
Creighton Overpowers Villanova, 12-6
- Creighton Baseball blasted out 19 hits as the Bluejays posted an 12-6 win to even the series with Villanova.
Husker Softball Hammers Buckeyes
- The 19th-ranked Nebraska softball team scored in every inning Friday night, including an eight-run fourth inning, en route to a 14-1, five-inning victory over Ohio State in front of 914 fans at Bowlin Stadium.
Carl Pelini: FAU Firing Not Drug-Related, AD Just Wanted New Coach
- Carl Pelini said Friday that his firing from Florida Atlantic last fall was unjustified and the result of a new athletic director who wanted to hire his own football coach.
NCAA Eyes Eliminating Immediate Eligibility For Athletes Who Transfer
- Student-athletes who seek transfers due to "difficult life circumstances" might have to sit out a season, but gain an extra year of eligibility starting in 2015-16.
Jirschele's Long Road to the Majors
- It is only 170 miles from Omaha to Kansas City, but Mike Jirschele's trip to the majors took much longer.
Creighton Drops First BIG EAST Road Game, 6-3 at Villanova
- The Creighton baseball team dropped its first game as a member of the BIG EAST conference, falling at Villanova 6-3.
Nebraska-Fresno State A 9:30 Start
- The Mountain West Conference announced Thursday that the September 13th Nebraska-Fresno State game will kick off at 9:30 p.m. Central Time and be televised by the CBS Sports Network.
10-Run Second Inning Powers Huskers to 17-6 Win
- Trailing after the top of the first inning for the second straight game, the Nebraska baseball team exploded for a combined 15 runs in their first two at-bats, including a 10-run, 11-hit second inning en route to a 17-6 victory over the Omaha Mavericks on Wednesday at Hawks Field.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine