Huskers Upset #9 Wisconsin 77-68
The Nebraska basketball team overcame the No. 9 Wisconsin Badgers on Sunday evening as the Huskers posted a 77-68 victory in front of a school record 15,998 fans at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Terran Petteway and Shavon Shields led the Huskers with 26 points each.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
McDermott Unanimous All-Big East Team Selection
- Creighton forward Doug McDermott, the eighth player in college basketball history to score more than 3,000 points, was among three unanimous selections for the All-Big East team named Sunday.
Coaches Tab Cyclone Ejim Big 12 Player Of The Year
- Iowa State forward Melvin Ejim was selected Sunday as the Big 12's player of the year by the league's coaches. Ejim was second in the league with both his 18.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game.
McDermott Moves Past 3,000 on Senior Night
- Doug McDermott scored a career-high 45 points and became the eighth player in Division I history to go over 3,000 for a career, and No. 13 Creighton rolled to an 88-73 victory over Providence on Saturday night.
Huskers Kickoff 2014 Spring Practice
- The Nebraska football team began its 2014 spring practice season Saturday.
Mavs Clinch Third Place
- The Omaha hockey team locked up third place in the National Collegiate Hockey Conference with a 4-1 win over Minnesota Duluth on Saturday night at AMSOIL Arena.
Shields, Vargas Named Starters For First Two Games
- James Shields and Jason Vargas will start the Kansas City Royals' first two games of the season in Detroit. Manager Ned Yost also said Saturday that Wade Davis is no longer a candidate for a spot in the rotation.
No. 16 Nebraska Defeats Minnesota 80-67
- Jordan Hooper scored 33 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as No. 16 Nebraska beat Minnesota 80-67 in the Big Ten quarterfinals on Friday night.
Bulldogs Drub Mavericks, 8-2
- Minnesota Duluth handed the Omaha hockey team its worst loss of the season, running away with an 8-2 win on Friday night at AMSOIL Arena.
Huskers Extend Home Opener Win Streak to 36 Games
- The Nebraska baseball team opened its 2014 home schedule with a decisive 12-4 victory over St. John’s.
Cyclone Senior Mulls Hardship Waiver To Transfer, Play Another Year
- Iowa State senior guard Bubu Palo says he might petition the NCAA for a hardship waiver that would allow him to transfer to another school and play one more season.
Benson, Bellevue West Advance To Semifinals
- Omaha Benson and Bellevue West have advanced to the Class A semi-finals of the Nebraska Girls State Basketball Tournament. Benson beat Kearney 63-36 and Bellevue West defeated Bellevue East 66-47 on Thursday in Lincoln.
UNO's Archibald Named Player of the Month
- One day after picking up the NCHC’s top player award for February, junior Josh Archibald was named the National Player of the Month by the Hockey Commissioners’ Association.
Summit League Honors Mavs
- UN-Omaha Senior center John Karhoff and junior guard CJ Carter were named Honorable Mention All-Summit for the 2013-14 season, the conference office announced Wednesday.
Werner Park To Host 2015 Triple-A All-Star Game
- The Omaha Storm Chasers have been selected to host the 28th annual Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game to be held during the week of July 12-15, 2015.
Davis On College Football Hall Of Fame Ballot, Crouch Tries Again
- Heisman Trophy winning running backs Rashaan Salaam of Colorado and Ricky Williams of Texas are among the stars making their first appearance on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot this year, it was announced Thursday.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine