Huskers Set for Regular Season Finale
The Nebraska football team held a 45-minute walkthrough at the Hawks Championship Center on Wednesday as the Huskers prepare for their Black Friday matchup against Iowa.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Hemingford Rolls to Class D-1 Title
- Ethan Skinner ran for 233 yards and four touchdowns, Brady Turek rushed for 190 yards and two TDs and top-ranked Hemingford limited No. 7 Bruning-Davenport/Shickley to 122 yards in a 52-8 victory in the Class D1 championship game Monday.
Exeter-Milligan Wins Class D-2 Title
- Kyle Jensen ran for 187 yards and scored three touchdowns, including two in the fourth quarter as top-ranked Exeter-Milligan came from behind and pulled away for a 40-26 victory over No. 4 Anselmo-Merna in the Class D2 title game Monday.
Creighton In Top 25
- The Creighton Bluejays are back in the Associated Press Top 25 teams in men’s basketball. The Bluejays are ranked 23rd with a 4-0 record. Iowa State climbed one spot to 13th.
Cady Leads Huskers to 66-43 Win
- Emily Cady scored a career-high 25 points and added nine rebounds as No. 16 Nebraska rolled to a 66-43 women's basketball win over Utah on Sunday afternoon at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.
Creighton Wins in NCAA Tournament
- No. 12 seed Creighton edged visiting Oregon State 1-0 in an NCAA Men’s Soccer Second Round match at Morrison Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Bluejays Win Fourth Straight
- Isaiah Zierden scored 20 points to lead Creighton over North Carolina Central 65-45 Sunday afternoon at CenturyLink Center Omaha.
Huskers Fall Off The Charts
- After two straight losses, Nebraska dropped out of The Associated Press and USA Today top 25 polls released on Sunday.
Another Lead Slips Away, Huskers Fall 28-24
- Nebraska only trailed for the game's final 3:25, but the Huskers' last drive ended on a turnover inside the Minnesota 5-yard line as the Golden Gophers escaped from Memorial Stadium Saturday afternoon with a 28-24 win.
Huskers Fall to Rhode Island in OT, 66-62
- Shavon Shields had 25 points and nine rebounds, but Jared Terrell scored six of his 12 points in overtime, lifting the Rams to a 66-62 win over No. 21 Nebraska Saturday night.
Husker Block Party Spurs Senior Night Sweep
- The No. 11 Nebraska volleyball team posted a 25-23, 25-20, 25-21 sweep against Michigan on Senior Night at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Saturday.
Creighton Sweeps Villanova to Claim Outright BIG EAST Title
- The Creighton women's volleyball team claimed the outright BIG EAST volleyball regular season title with a 3-0 sweep of Villanova on Friday, Nov. 21.
Huskers Focused on Senior Day Battle with Gophers
- The Nebraska football team held its weekly walkthrough on Thursday for 45 minutes inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Creighton Upsets #18 Oklahoma 65-63
- Zach Hanson caught Devin Brooks' air ball along the baseline and put it in the basket for the go-ahead points in the last minute, and Creighton came back from an 18-point deficit to upset No. 18 Oklahoma 65-63 on Wednesday night.
Nebraska Tops Central Arkansas 82-56
- Nebraska downed central Arkansas 82-56 on Tuesday night. Terran Petteway led the Huskers with 23 points.
Huskers Prepare for Minnesota
- Offensive Coordinator Tim Beck spoke with the media following practice. Beck said the Huskers will have their hands full offensively Saturday, as the Gophers have been very stingy on defense this season.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine