Headlines From The Sports Machine
Cyclone Forward Suspended After DUI Arrest
- Iowa State has suspended Abdel Nader from the basketball team after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving over the weekend.
Big Day For Cross In Spring Game
- Imani Cross ran for 100 yards and two touchdowns against the No. 1 defense to highlight the Nebraska spring game Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium.
DeLeon Tosses Second Straight Complete Game
- Nebraska senior Christian DeLeon went the distance for the second straight week on Saturday afternoon in a 5-2 win over the Minnesota Golden Gophers.
Boston College Forward Wins Hobey Baker Award
- Boston College forward Johnny Gaudreau won the Hobey Baker Award Friday night as the top Division I college hockey player and signed with the Calgary Flames.
Warren Dominates as Creighton Collects First BIG EAST Win
- Sophomore Matt Warren authored the first complete game for Creighton baseball since 2012 as the Bluejays earned their first BIG EAST win, 2-0, over Georgetown.
Late Rally Lifts Huskers Past Gophers
- The Nebraska baseball team jumped out to a 5-0 lead through two innings on Friday afternoon at Siebert Field, but needed a pair of runs in the top of the ninth to post a 8-6 win in its series opener against the Minnesota Golden Gophers.
Huskers Take Two From Hawkeyes
- Tatum Edwards hit a walk-off, three-run homer in the bottom of the seventh inning to power the 19th-ranked Nebraska softball team to a 5-2 win in game one of a Friday doubleheader against the Iowa Hawkeyes. NU took the nightcap 9-1.
Nebraska Spring Game Scoring System
- The scoring system is designed to give both teams equal opportunity to put points on the scoreboard, creating a competitive and fun atmosphere for the game.
Blais Gets Contract Extension From UNO
- UNO Director of Athletics Trev Alberts announced Friday that hockey coach Dean Blais has received a contract extension through the 2017-18 season.
Hoiberg Receives Pay Raise From Iowa State
- Iowa State has given basketball coach Fred Hoiberg a $600,000 a year raise, bumping his annual salary to $2.6 million. The Cyclones announced Hoiberg's revised contract on Friday.
Redbirds Turn Tables on Chasers in 10-1 Loss
- A day after recording a season high 29 hits, the Omaha Storm Chasers (4-4) gave up a season high 19 hits to the Memphis Redbirds (5-3) in a 10-1 loss.
Due to Sunday Rain, Hoyas and Bluejays to Play Two on Saturday
- Due to dreary forecasts for Sunday, April 13 the Creighton baseball series with Georgetown has been altered.
1st Prime Time Big 10 Game At Big House
- Michigan will host a Big Ten football game under the lights for the first time.
McDermott Wins Naismith Award
- After two consecutive seasons of being an award finalist, the third time was a charm for Creighton University senior Doug McDermott, as he was named winner of the 2014 Naismith Trophy for Men’s College Player of the Year presented by AT&T.
Equipment Stolen From Ex-Husker's Trunk
- Police say a former Nebraska defensive end had more than $1,300 in Husker football equipment stolen from the trunk of his car while he was away playing for the Cleveland Browns.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine