Creighton In Top 25
Updated: 1:55 PM
The Creighton Bluejays are back in the Associated Press Top 25 teams in men’s basketball. The Bluejays are ranked 23rd with a 4-0 record. Iowa State climbed one spot to 13th.
Headlines From The Sports Machine
Huskers Fall to Rhode Island in OT, 66-62
- Shavon Shields had 25 points and nine rebounds, but Jared Terrell scored six of his 12 points in overtime, lifting the Rams to a 66-62 win over No. 21 Nebraska Saturday night.
Husker Block Party Spurs Senior Night Sweep
- The No. 11 Nebraska volleyball team posted a 25-23, 25-20, 25-21 sweep against Michigan on Senior Night at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Saturday.
Creighton Sweeps Villanova to Claim Outright BIG EAST Title
- The Creighton women's volleyball team claimed the outright BIG EAST volleyball regular season title with a 3-0 sweep of Villanova on Friday, Nov. 21.
Huskers Focused on Senior Day Battle with Gophers
- The Nebraska football team held its weekly walkthrough on Thursday for 45 minutes inside the Hawks Championship Center.
Abdullah A Finalist For Paul Hornung Award
- Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah has been named one of five finalists for the Paul Hornung Award, given to college football's most versatile player.
Creighton Upsets #18 Oklahoma 65-63
- Zach Hanson caught Devin Brooks' air ball along the baseline and put it in the basket for the go-ahead points in the last minute, and Creighton came back from an 18-point deficit to upset No. 18 Oklahoma 65-63 on Wednesday night.
Nebraska Tops Central Arkansas 82-56
- Nebraska downed central Arkansas 82-56 on Tuesday night. Terran Petteway led the Huskers with 23 points.
Huskers Prepare for Minnesota
- Offensive Coordinator Tim Beck spoke with the media following practice. Beck said the Huskers will have their hands full offensively Saturday, as the Gophers have been very stingy on defense this season.
Creighton Downs South Dakota State 88-81
- Powered by 28 points off the bench, the Creighton women's basketball team ended South Dakota State's 22-game home winning streak with an 88-81 win on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
Nebraska-Iowa Kickoff at 11:00a.m.
- Nebraska's Nov. 28 game at Iowa will kick off at 11 am. The game will be nationally televised by ABC
Creighton Headed to NCAA Soccer Tournament
- The Creighton men’s soccer team earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the 22nd time in 23 seasons when pairings were announced on NCAA.com on Monday afternoon.
Petteway Named to Wooden Watch List
- Nebraska basketball standout Terran Petteway was tabbed for the Wooden Award Men's Preseason Top 50 Monday afternoon. Chosen by a preseason poll of national college basketball experts, the list is comprised of 50 student-athletes.
Sweet! Omaha to Host NCAA Sweet 16 & Elite 8
- The NCAA announced Monday that Omaha will host the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games for the Division 1 Men’s basketball tournament in 2018. Creighton University will play host.
UPDATE: Former Creighton Prep Coach Cited For Assault
- Omaha Creighton Prep head football coach and counselor Chris Nizzi has resigned from the school effective immediately, it was announced Sunday.
Wire-to-Wire Win Pushes Creighton Men's Basketball Past Chicago State
- Will Artino had career-highs with 20 points and five steals as Creighton men's basketball led wire-to-wire in an 84-66 win over Chicago State on Sunday.
More Headlines From The Sports Machine