Speed Zapper Headlines
Speed Zapper: More Drivers Now Email, Browse Web While Driving
- A new study released by State Farm shows that fewer people are talking on their cellphones while driving.
Speed Zapper: OPS School Buses
- A homeowner near downtown Omaha is fed up with people speeding on his street.
Speed Zapper: Controlling Texts Behind The Wheel
- A look at preventative apps to stop you, or a loved one, from texting and driving.
Speed Zapper: Templeton & Larimore
- Dangerous speeds in an Omaha neighborhood led to a traffic enforcement device, however, speeders aren't taking notice.
Speed Zapper: 24th & Harney
- A WOWT 6 News viewer is fed up with speeding in his neighborhood.
Speed Zapper: Orchard & 193rd
- A WOWT 6 News viewer is concerned about how drivers are using his neighborhood as a "cut-through" to avoid traffic.
Speed Zapper: Education Creates Change
- The WOWT 6 News Speed Zapper crew, and our viewers, have witnessed a lot of traffic no-nos over the past several weeks.
Speed Zapper: Hands-Free Technology Fails Safety Grades
- Most people know that texting while driving is dangerous, but according to AAA three out of four drivers believe that hands-free technology is safe to use.
Speed Zapper: 50th & Northwest Radial Highway
- A viewer that lives on Northwest Radial Highway thinks that speeding can be directly related to the blocked road signs on her street.
Speed Zapper: 120th & Shirley
- A community looking for a speed bump is hoping for a big change.
Speed Zapper: 87th & Nicholas
- It may be a side street, but drivers are treating 87th street in west Omaha like a highway.
Speed Zapper: 50th & Grover
- People who live near 50th and Grover are fed up with bad driving.
Speed Zapper: 52nd & Northwest Radial Highway
- Lead-footed drivers have become a big problem near 52nd and Northwest Radial Highway.
Speed Zapper: 67th & Spencer
- A family fed up with speeding in their neighborhood turned to WOWT 6 News for help.
Speed Zapper: Walking Near Bryan Elementary
- A mother of two Bryan Elementary School students has an issue with speeders near her children's school.
Study: Distracted Driving Getting Worse In School Zones
- School, traffic and police officers across the country say there is reason for concern now that children are back in school.
Speed Zapper: Speeding Near An Elementary School
- Several schools have started back up, but already the Speed Zapper crew is seeing an uptick in speeding in school zones.
Speed Zapper: Drivers Speed By Kids On First Day Back To School
- It's back-to-school season for students.
Speed Zapper: Keeping Kids Safe During Back-To-School Month
- Thousands of Heartland kids will return to school over the next few weeks.
Speed Zapper: Neighborhood Concerns
- Statistics have proven time and time again that bad, even deadly, accidents happen close to home.
More Speed Zapper Headlines