Speed Zapper Headlines
Speed Zapper: Orchard & 193rd
Updated: 3:19 PM
- A WOWT 6 News viewer is concerned about how drivers are using his neighborhood as a "cut-through" to avoid traffic.
Speed Zapper: Education Creates Change
Updated: 3:22 PM
- The WOWT 6 News Speed Zapper crew, and our viewers, have witnessed a lot of traffic no-nos over the past several weeks.
Speed Zapper: Hands-Free Technology Fails Safety Grades
- Most people know that texting while driving is dangerous, but according to AAA three out of four drivers believe that hands-free technology is safe to use.
Speed Zapper: 50th & Northwest Radial Highway
- A viewer that lives on Northwest Radial Highway thinks that speeding can be directly related to the blocked road signs on her street.
Speed Zapper: 120th & Shirley
- A community looking for a speed bump is hoping for a big change.
Speed Zapper: 87th & Nicholas
- It may be a side street, but drivers are treating 87th street in west Omaha like a highway.
Speed Zapper: 50th & Grover
- People who live near 50th and Grover are fed up with bad driving.
Speed Zapper: 52nd & Northwest Radial Highway
- Lead-footed drivers have become a big problem near 52nd and Northwest Radial Highway.
Speed Zapper: 67th & Spencer
- A family fed up with speeding in their neighborhood turned to WOWT 6 News for help.
Speed Zapper: Walking Near Bryan Elementary
- A mother of two Bryan Elementary School students has an issue with speeders near her children's school.
Study: Distracted Driving Getting Worse In School Zones
- School, traffic and police officers across the country say there is reason for concern now that children are back in school.
Speed Zapper: Speeding Near An Elementary School
- Several schools have started back up, but already the Speed Zapper crew is seeing an uptick in speeding in school zones.
Speed Zapper: Drivers Speed By Kids On First Day Back To School
- It's back-to-school season for students.
Speed Zapper: Keeping Kids Safe During Back-To-School Month
- Thousands of Heartland kids will return to school over the next few weeks.
Speed Zapper: Neighborhood Concerns
- Statistics have proven time and time again that bad, even deadly, accidents happen close to home.
Speed Zapper: Speeders on 38th & Cass After A Dangerous Crash
- Neighbors near 38th and Cass have a lot of questions.
Speed Zapper: 60th Street & Other Trouble Spots
- The AAA Foundation for Traffic has plenty of research available on traffic; among the more interesting facts they've uncovered: speeding triples the odds of crashing.
Speed Zapper: Summertime Trouble Spots
- It's summertime in the Heartland; that means fewer kids in school and more outside playing in neighborhoods.
Speed Zapper: 90th & O, New Crash Statistics
- Deadly crashes cost lives; families and friends are left in shambles, but new data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows the damage is far more widespread.
Speed Zapper: Stop Sign Problems
- The last day of school is behind us, but the dangers of stop signs are front and center on the mind of Keep Kid's Alive, Drive 25 founder Tom Everson.
More Speed Zapper Headlines