President Obama Accepts Hagel’s Resignation
7 mins ago
President Obama is accepting the resignation of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. The former U.S. Senator from Nebraska appeared with the President and Vice President at White House news conference Monday morning to make the announcement.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Hy Vee Announces Heroes Game Winners
22 mins ago
- A bank president from Pilger, Nebraska and a Winterset, Iowa teenager will be recognized for their remarkable acts of courage on Friday, November 28, 2014. 18-year-old Austin Benson and Gene Willers will represent their home states as “citizen heroes” when the University of Iowa Hawkeyes host the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers in the Hy-Vee Heroes Game.
Several Vehicles Stolen From Same Place
Posted: 9:32 AM
- Several vehicles stolen from same place then located.
Update: Two Robberies Along Q Street, No Arrests
- Omaha Police are interviewing witnesses after a man robbed the Walgreens off 156th & Q Street Sunday night.
Gas Prices in Omaha Continue to Fall
Posted: 7:42 AM
- Average retail gasoline prices in Omaha have fallen 10.7 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.88/g yesterday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 300 gas outlets in Omaha. This compares with the national average that has fallen 4.9 cents per gallon in the last week to $2.82/g, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
Update: Six Month Check In After Family Gets Bariatric Surgery Together
- It's been six months since the Rapiach family underwent bariatric surgery at Nebraska Medicine. As they go through their six and three month check ups, each family members is feeling a little lighter and a million times happier.
Rash Of Crashes South Of Omaha
Posted: 9:19 AM
- Crashes on busy highways but no serious injuries over the weekend. The Cass County Sheriff’s Department says each was a case of distracted driving.
Fugitive Arrested After Accidentally Calling 911
- File this one under 'Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction'. Fairbury Police caught and arrested a fugitive, after he called 911.
Grandmother and Grandkids Learn Self Defense Together
- Six year old Evan is learning what to do if he ever has to face a bully. "Stop! Get away from me," he screams.
Update: Family Upset, Papillion Daycare Releases Statement
- A disturbing story in Papillion, where WOWT 6 News has learned a girl was left on a day care bus for two hours Friday before anyone realized it at Bright Minds Learning Center near Gold Cost Road and Highway 370.
Healthcare Forum Focuses On Affordable Care Act Changes
Posted: 9:21 AM
- The Western Douglas County Chamber of Commerce will host the Nebraska Healthcare Alliance for an educational forum on Tuesday, November 25th from 11:30-1:00pm.
More Headlines From The News You Trust