Student Hit By Car
32 mins ago
A Papillion-La Vista High School student was seriously injured when he was hit by a car Wednesday morning.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Basement Fire Sends Woman To Hospital
Updated: 7:50 AM
- A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a basement caught fire at a Papillion home Wednesday morning.
The Future Is Now In Council Bluffs
Updated: 7:35 AM
- The year 2030 sounds far off, but Council Bluffs is preparing for how the city will look in 16 years. Residents and outside consultants have been drafting the “Council Bluffs 2030” plan for more than a year.
Nebraska ACT Scores Improve, Higher Than National Average
Updated: 7:45 AM
- A new report says Nebraska's 2014 high school graduates scored higher on the ACT college entrance exam than students nationally and better than the state's 2013 graduates.
Nebraska Students Flock To NEST
14 mins ago
- State Treasurer Don Stenberg says 81 Nebraska high schools took advantage of a new, state-sponsored financial literacy program in the last school year.
Campus Housing Shortage At Iowa State
24 mins ago
- Iowa State University has turned away more than 200 applications for on-campus living due to a housing shortage.
Nebraska, Iowa Teen Pregnancy Rates Drop
Updated: 7:49 AM
- A new government report shows that teen pregnancy rates continue to decline.
Crawford, Shelby Counties Added To Disaster Declaration
Posted: 8:53 AM
- Two more Iowa counties have been added to a federal disaster declaration issued recently in response to severe weather.
No Charges In Fatal Motorcycle Accident
Posted: 8:40 AM
- No charges are pending against a motorcyclist in the death of a fellow biker last Saturday in Pottawattamie County.
Update: Hit-And-Run Suspect Identified
Updated: 8:07 AM
- Authorities have identified the driver in a hit-and-run traffic accident Tuesday afternoon as 21-year-old Tyree Davis. Investigators say he was driving a rented Chevy Cruze when the vehicle struck a bicyclist and left the scene. The bike rider was seriously injured.
More Headlines From The News You Trust