Hot Through Saturday, Cooler Next Week
Posted: 5:44 PM
It will be a mild and muggy night with lows in the lower 70s. Hot and muggy conditions will linger into Saturday with highs in the lower 90s.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Keep TV Free
- WOWT NBC Omaha is joining television stations across the nation in asking for your help. Congress is, right now, considering legislation that puts FREE TV in jeopardy.
Kids Learn Life-Saving Lessons
Posted: 5:26 PM
- Kids in Bellevue were getting an important lesson Friday morning. They were learning some potentially life-saving skills at the annual Kids Fire Camp.
We Don't Coast Logo Added
Posted: 5:54 PM
- Friday was hot but the rain was gone and a Chamber crew was finally able to add a We Don’t Coast tattoo to Turner Park.
Branstad: Maintain Ethanol Supply
Posted: 2:56 PM
- Iowa Governor Terry Branstad is renewing a call to maintain the amount of ethanol in the nation's fuel supply. This comes after a report that the Environmental Protection Agency may scale back proposed cuts to renewable fuel production.
Cards for Danny Campaign Extended to Monday
Posted: 5:39 PM
- Boys Town Pediatrics is helping to make a boy's birthday wish come true. He wanted birthday cards and the metro is coming through.
Scam Artists Make Threats
Posted: 2:59 PM
- The Better Business Bureau is warning area residents to be wary of scammers posing as IRS officials. A local consumer recently lost $500 in an IRS MoneyPack scam.
Nebraska State Patrol Graduates 55th Recruit Class
Posted: 3:05 PM
- The Nebraska State Patrol graduated 19 members of the 55th Basic Recruit Class after 23 weeks of training at the NSP Training Academy in Grand Island this morning.
Bond Set For Stabbing Suspect Wounded By Police
Posted: 9:47 AM
- Bond was set Friday morning at 10 percent of $500,000 for Dale Hickman, who allegedly stabbed two family members before being shot by an Omaha police officer last week.
Update: Alleged Carjacker Out Of Hospital, In Police Custody
Posted: 11:33 AM
- A man who allegedly twice tried to steal a car before being shot seven times last Sunday in Lincoln has been released from the hospital and is now in police custody.
Two Hurt In Crash
Updated: 7:15 AM
- Two drivers suffered minor injuries in a collision at an Omaha intersection Friday morning.
More Headlines From The News You Trust