Keystone Pipeline Hits New Speed Bump
Updated: 3:46 PM
The fate of the Keystone XL pipeline is facing a new delay. The State Department is giving federal agencies more time to review it before deciding whether to issue a permit.
Headlines From The News You Trust
Domestic Violence Suspect Nabbed
Posted: 3:13 PM
- It took some doing but Omaha Police did track down a domestic violence suspect Friday.
Man Arrested For Driving Under Suspension For The 22nd Time
Updated: 11:23 AM
- An Omaha man was arrested Friday morning in Lincoln for allegedly driving under suspension, his 22nd such offense.
Air Quality Alert For Metro
Updated: 1:09 PM
- An air quality alert was issued by the Douglas County Health Department Friday due to smoke and particulates in the air. Smoke from controlled burns in farm fields south of the metro are to blame.
Run To Remember Those Killed In Traffic-Related Incidents
3 mins ago
- Each year, over 4,000 sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers were killed while walking in neighborhoods or crossing streets, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It's those victims, along with thousands who die from all manners of unsafe driving behaviors, that hundreds of Omaha residents are lacing up their sneakers to Run to Remember.
Gov. Heineman To Sign Autism Bill Into Law
Posted: 1:34 PM
- Gov. Dave Heineman will sign a bill on Monday to require some Nebraska health insurers to offer coverage for autism screenings and therapy.
Judge Reprimanded By Nebraska Supreme Court
Posted: 1:43 PM
- The Nebraska Supreme Court has issued a public reprimand for a Douglas County District judge for intervening in a friend's drunken driving case.
Nebraska Supreme Court Denies Latest Appeal From Death Row Inmate
Posted: 11:11 AM
- The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday rejected an appeal by death row inmate Michael Ryan seeking to be released from prison.
Shooting Suspect Sought
Posted: 10:03 AM
- Omaha police are asking for the public's help in locating a man wanted in connection with a shooting last month.
Man Grabs Child Outside School, Girl Able To Escape
Updated: 9:32 AM
- Police are looking for the man who allegedly grabbed a girl outside of a Lincoln elementary school Thursday afternoon. The 9-year-old was able to get free and run inside the building for help.
Boy Runs From Stranger Asking For Help Finding Dog
Updated: 9:31 AM
- A Council Bluffs boy and his family are recovering emotionally after what appeared to be an attempted kidnapping on Thursday.
More Headlines From The News You Trust