- Set oven to 350FJerry Meyer
- Simmer half & half with 1 sprig of rosemary for 1 hour, discard rosemary.
- Cut potatoes in half, boil in salted water till done.
- Make a thick roux with the butter and flour, add warm half & half, whisk and allow to thicken.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese combine till smooth, season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour 2 cups of cheese sauce in the bottom of a 9x13, spread to edges.
- Place potatoes on top of sauce, alternating red and white potatoes and cut sides up and down.
- Use the remaining sauce to top the potatoes, sprinkle remaining cheese and chopped rosemary over potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 20 min. or till slightly browned. Remove and enjoy.
This recipe is part of the collection found in the March of Dimes' Spice of Life Cookbook. Book sales benefit March of Dimes programs in Nebraska. The books are available at Omaha's Bookworm, the Oak View Hy-Vee and the March of Dimes office. The cost is $15.