1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Nebraska or Iowa. Need not be present to win. Limit one (1) winner per household. Entrants must have internet access as of 11/15/07, No limit on how many times you can enter.
2. Thursday November 15th, 2007 through Thursday November 22nd, 2007 viewers must watch “ELLEN”, 3-4pm on WOWT. Viewers must correctly answer the “question of the day” the following day on “Channel 6 News, Live at Daybreak”
3. To answer the question viewers will go to WOWT.COM and click on “The Phantom of the Opera” tile found on the right hand side of the homepage, this will take you to the contest page. At the bottom of the contest page, you will find a link to enter.
4. The 60th entry we receive within two hours of the Daybreak show each day of the contest will be eligible to win. If that entry has the correct answer to the “Ellen Question of the Day” from the previous day’s “ELLEN” Show, they will win two (2) of twelve (12) tickets to “The Phantom of the Opera” in Omaha on Friday, February 1st, 2008. If the 60th entry we receive does not have the correct answer to the “Question of the Day” from that day, we will take the first correct entry received after the 60th.
5. For purposes of these Official Rules, the two-hour period when an online entry must be “received” occurs when the contest Administrator’s servers record the time when a contestant’s entry is received. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of e-mail) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by our Administrator of an online entry for purposes of these Official Rules.
6. If there are not sixty (60) entries received within two (2) hours of the broadcast, a winner will be randomly selected from all entries received from that contest day. Entries from a contest day will not be included in the entry pool.
7. A total of six (6) winners, one (1) winner each day Friday November 16th,2007, Monday November 19th,2007, Tuesday November 20th, Wednesday November 21st,2007 & (2) winners on Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 will receive two (2) tickets to The Phantom of the Opera at the Orpheum Theater in Omaha, NE, Friday February 1st, 2008. The Phantom of the Opera tickets (Approximate retail value of $114.00). Winners must pick up their prizes at WOWT, 3501 Farnam St., Omaha, Nebraska 68131. No prize substitutions allowed. The statistical odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8. To receive a list of winners (available after November 23rd, 2007) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: ELLEN/Phantom Contest Winners List, c/o WOWT, 3501 Farnam St., Omaha, Nebraska 68131.
9. Employees and their families of Gray Television Group Inc./WOWT or their respective parent company(s), affiliates or subsidiaries, and all companies and contractors associated with this contest are ineligible.
10. This contest is void where prohibited by law, and is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
11. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this contest will be the responsibility of the contest prize winners and not Gray Television Group Inc./WOWT, Live Nation or Omaha Performing Arts Society.
12. As a condition to receive any prize, winners will be first required to execute forms releasing Gray Television Group Inc./WOWT and its parent company(s), affiliates, and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, advertisers, sponsors, and promotional partners, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively "Released Parties") from any and all liability. We are not responsible for any losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance of and/or use/participation in prizes or this contest. Winners must also sign a publicity release prior to the receipt of any prize or benefit.
13. Prizes are non-transferable and substitutions of cash or equivalent are not allowed other than a substitution by WOWT-TV that may be necessary due to the unavailability of a prize.
14. Each qualifier must disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number & email address to WOWT. Upon disclosure of the above information, the person will be officially eligible to be declared a winner despite any such inference on the air. Any person found to have supplied false or misleading information may be disqualified from the contest and would therefore forfeit the prize. All entrants to any WOWT contest both imply and agree to participate in the contests and obey the rules by their participation in the contest.
15. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, or illegible entries; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties, other technological or mechanical malfunctions, or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this contest, human processing error or otherwise; (iii) any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest; or (iv) typographical, printing, distribution, production or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
16. Decisions of WOWT management with respect to the contest are final. WOWT reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. WOWT, in is sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the WOWT’s Web Site or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
17. The winner agrees to hold harmless Gray Television Group Inc./WOWT, Live Nation, Omaha Performing Arts Society and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, (hereinafter “Related Entities”), and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and household members of each are not eligible from any and all claims, demands, actions (including but not limited to representative or class actions in which I would be a named plaintiff/representative or member of a class/group for which relief is sought), losses, damages, costs and expenses which I, my heirs, executors, or successors in interest may now or in the future have or acquire on account of any harm or damage of any kind or nature suffered by me, persons I may represent, my heirs, executors, successors in interest, including but not limited to damages, personal injuries, disability, death relating in any way to this Contest, including but not limited to the trip.
18. Winner will also acknowledge that neither Sponsors, Related Entities nor each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family and/or household members of each and assigns have arranged for or carry any insurance relative to going on said trip; and that the winner is solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other insurance relative to going on said trip.
Winner grants permission to Sponsors to use my name and/or likeness for advertising, promotional and/or public relations purposes without additional compensation.