Iowa Man Treated for Smoke Inhalation

By: The AP Email
By: The AP Email

A Waterloo man has been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at his apartment.

The fire broke out around 6 a.m. Friday.

Battalion Chief Mike Jenn says the resident had fallen asleep with the stove on. He awoke, noticed the fire, called 911 and fled. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. His name hasn't been released.

Firefighters kept fire damage to the stove area. Residents of two adjacent apartments have been allowed back in their homes.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 201634431 - wowt.com/a?a=201634431