A small spill of mercury has forced the Lincoln school district to call in a contractor to clean up the highly toxic liquid metal.
Pound Middle School principal Chris Deibler said a science teacher had brought in the mercury to show students, which Deibler says isn't
supposed to happen.
Someone dropped the vial, and the mercury spilled into a puddle no bigger than a quarter. Deibler says the teacher cleaned it up but didn't report the incident.
Deibler says he learned of the spill when he was called by a student's parent.
Health officials don't expect the students suffered any ill effects, because the spill was small and their exposure was limited.
District officials wouldn't discuss whether the teacher faces any disciplinary action.