Elderly Man Dies In Harlan Fire

By: The Associated Press Email
By: The Associated Press Email

An 89-year-old Harlan, Iowa man died in a fire Saturday afternoon.

Harlan Fire Chief Roger Bissen said Bernard Wolfe was trapped in his basement by the blaze, which apparently started when a torch Wolfe was using malfunctioned and caught items on fire. Bissen didn't know the official cause of Wolfe's death. The fire was contained to the basement.

Harlan is 25 miles northeast of Council Bluffs.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WOWT NBC Omaha 3501 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68131 (402) 346-6666 sixonline@wowt.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 211732521 - wowt.com/a?a=211732521
Gray Television, Inc.